- Via Smart Hub: On Samsung TV, press the Smart Hub button > Apps > Magnifier icon > Hotstar > Choose the app > Install > Activate and watch.
- Via Casting: On your Smartphone, Download the Hotstar app > Install and launch the app > Login to your account > Click the Cast icon > Choose a title > Watch video on Samsung TV.
- Using Smart Things App: On a smartphone, Download the Hotstar app > Download Smart Things app > Launch the app > Add Devices > Choose Samsung Smart TV > Launch Hotstar app > Login and play a video to stream on TV.
- Via External Devices: Samsung TV users can connect any streaming devices, like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, etc., to watch Hotstar on Samsung TV.
Hotstar is an excellent streaming app for watching Live Sports, Movies, TV shows, News, Entertainment channels, and more. Hotstar is an Indian subscription-based streaming network available in India, Canada, Singapore, the UK, and the US. You can install Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV and stream your favorite movies and TV shows at any time, anywhere.
It is a subscription on-demand service that offers the best entertainment worldwide. Hotstar features TV shows and movies in 8 different languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Kannada, and Malayalam. You can quickly access the app anytime and save the app’s content from streaming them later offline. Besides this, Hotstar offers kids’ stories, shows, etc. With Hotstar, you will never miss out on the pre and post-analysis of the match, expert commentary, etc. However, the content in the service varies based on your location. It is available as Disney+ Hotstar in the Asian regions and as Hotstar in other parts.
Hotstar Subscription Plans & Pricing
US Annual Subscription
- The plan costs $49.49 (including taxes) for one whole year. You can cancel the subscription and get a refund within 2 days.
Indian Annual Subscription
- VIP Plan: It costs ₹399 per year with ads. The VIP subscription cost for smartphones and PC costs ₹899 per year.
- Premium Plan: It costs ₹299 per month and ₹1499 per year without ads.
How to Install Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV
 Connect the Samsung TV to the internet using home WiFi or through an Ethernet cable.
 Press the Smart Hub button and navigate to select Apps tile with the help of the TV remote.
 Select the Magnifier icon and app name as Hotstar.
 Choose the Hotstar app from the search result.
 Then, click Install, and the app will get installed on your TV
How to Activate Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV
 Tap Open and launch the Hostar application.
 In the home screen menu, click My Account, and the activation code will appear on your TV screen.
 Now, go to the Hotstar website from any web browser.
 Provide your current phone number and get the code to verify the number.
 Then, enter the given Activation Code and click the Continue button.
 That’s it. Your Hotstar account gets activated. Enjoy streaming.
Apart from Hotstar, you shall learn to get Netflix on Samsung Smart TV to binge-watch the best originals, movies, and series.
How to Cast Hotstar to Samsung Smart TV
Check out the steps to cast Hotstar to Samsung TV from your Android or iOS smartphone.
 Connect Samsung TV and your smartphone (Android or iOS) to the same WIFI.
 Download and install the Hotstar app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
 Launch and log in to your account with the necessary details.
 Navigate to click on the Cast icon and select the Samsung Smart TV name.
 Go ahead to play any video, and it will appear on your TV.
 To stop playing the video, click on the Cast icon and select the Stop Casting option.
Alternative Way to Stream Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV
 Connect your Samsung Smart TV and smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
 Install the Hotstar on your smartphone from Play Store or App Store, respectively.
 Followed to that, download the Smart Things app on Android and iOS devices.
 Now, launch the Smart Things App and click Add Device option.
 Select your Samsung smart TV device name from the devices list and enter the PIN to connect further.
 Once connected, open the Hotstar app on your phone and stream your favorite shows and movies on your bigger TV screen.
How to Watch Hotstar on Samsung TV Via External Devices
Apart from the above-discussed methods, you shall watch Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV via external streaming devices. It may include Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Google TV, etc. To watch Hotstar on Samsung TV, you should connect any of them to the HDMI port of the TV via a compatible HDMI cable. Go ahead to set up the streaming device and launch the respective app store to search and download the app to watch its content on your Samsung TV.
You shall add and activate fuboTV on Samsung Smart TV to watch your favorite sports events or match.
Hotstar Not Working on Samsung Smart TV: Causes & Fixes
Hotstar may fail to work in unfortunate instances, and it needs to be fixed to further stream its content on your Samsung TV.
The possible causes include issues with the internet connectivity, server outage, subscription expiration, app or firmware being outdated, etc.
- Force close and launch the Hotstar app.
- Connect Samsung TV to the strong WIFI connectivity.
- Update the app with the latest version.
- Sign out and sign in back again.
- Renew the subscription if it is expired.
- Clear the cache and data of the app.
- Update the Samsung TV firmware with the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Hotstar is available on Samsung Smart TV 2016 models and later.
It is because your Samsung TV isn’t yet compatible with the app.
To update the app, press the Smart Hub button to choose Featured. Select Hotstar and press and hold the Enter button. Choose Update to get the latest version of the app.