YouTube TV is a standalone subscription-based streaming service available only in the USA. It is power packed with 85+ channels and is one of the first services to offer unlimited DVR storage. It is a multi-platform supported app available for smartphones and most smart TVs. Like the Firestick‘s Amazon App Store, the YouTube TV app is available on the Roku Channel Store. It has been a cable-free live TV ever since its launch, and thus, the user can cut the cord and save some bucks. With YouTube TV on Roku, you shall watch local news and sports channels. Besides, it features lots of cable networks and major broadcast channels like ABC, ESPN, FOX, TNT, Univision, etc.
How Much is YouTube TV on Roku
YouTube TV Base Plan costs $64.99/mo. However, it is offering a limited period offer for the new users and is available at $54.99/mo for the first three months and $64.99/mo from the fourth month.
The user can opt for Spanish Plan at $24.99/mo, originally priced at $34.99/mo, to stream 28+ Spanish networks.
Is YouTube TV on Roku
The YouTube TV app has certain limitations. The app is only available on a limited number of Roku models. The applicable Roku models are,
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Streaming Stick (3800x and 3600x)
- Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+
- Roku Express and Roku Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, and 3700x)
- Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x and 4230x)
- Roku 2 (4210x)
To know the Roku model number, go to Settings –> System –> About. You will get the model number.
How to Install YouTube TV on Roku
Quick Guide: Select Streaming Channels >> click Search Channels >> type as YouTube TV >> choose YouTube TV >> click Add Channel >> OK >> Open Channel.
(1) On the Home screen, go to the Streaming Channels option.
(2) Navigate to the Search Channels option.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type YouTube TV and search for it.
(4) Select the YouTube TV app and click the Add channel button.
(5) The app will be downloaded and installed. When the confirmation pop-up comes, click the OK button.
(6) Now, click the Open channel button to launch the YouTube TV app on your Roku device.
How to Activate YouTube TV on Roku
(1) When you open the app, you will get a screen similar to the one displayed below. Make a note of the YouTube TV Roku activate code.
(2) Take your smartphone or PC and go to tv.youtube.com/start using a browser.
(3) Sign in with your Google account if prompted.
(4) Enter the activation code displayed on the screen to activate YouTube TV on Roku.
(5) After that, you can watch all the YouTube TV’s video contents on the device.
How to Get YouTube TV on Roku Via Casting
At times, you may not want to install YouTube TV but still prefer to stream the content. As there is no way to jailbreak Roku, you can cast YouTube TV from your phone or PC.
- Roku users should enable screen mirroring on the Roku device settings to cast any title from the phone or PC.
- Go to Roku Settings –> System –> Screen Mirroring Mode –> Prompt or Always Allow.
- Connect your Roku to WIFI and use the same WIFI on your phone or PC.
Cast YouTube TV from Smartphone
(1) On your Android or iOS phone, launch the Play Store or App Store from the apps section.
(2) Search for the YouTube TV app using the search bar.
(3) Select the YouTube TV app from the search result.
(4) Click on the Install or Get button to download it from the Play Store or App Store.
(5) Launch the app and enter YouTube TV login details to access your account.
(6) Choose any title to start playing on your handheld.
(7) Tap on the Cast icon from the top-right corner of the media player.
(8) Now, go ahead to select your Roku TV to establish a connection.
(9) With this, you will be able to stream YouTube TV channels or shows on your TV.
Cast YouTube TV from PC
(1) Open the Chrome browser on your PC and visit the YouTube TV official website (tv.youtube.com/).
(2) Hover to click the Sign In link provided at the top right.
(3) Choose the Google account from which you want to stream the channel or login into your account with the necessary details.
(4) When the service loads up, select any content to stream.
(5) Right-click on the screen to choose the Cast option.
(6) In the Cast to pop-up, click on your Roku TV. Under the Sources drop-down, choose the Cast tab.
(7) If the connection establishes, you will find the same content on your Roku TV.
How to Fix YouTube TV on Roku Not Working Issue
When the YouTube TV app on your TV isn’t working, you should fix it with the below tips.
- Check for the server outage and wait for it to get fixed.
- Find if the service is working on all other devices.
- Check your intenet connection and see if it is stable.
- Force close the app and launch it again.
- Update the app on Roku TV with the latest version.
- Remove and add the channel on Roku once again.
- Restart your Roku TV and check if it is working.
- Contact YouTube TV support to seek help.
That was all about how to download the YouTube TV app on your RokuOS. It is the best option to watch more than 85 live TV channels with unlimited DVR storage. The users can now experience YouTube TV 5.1 Surround Sound. With this, you will get the chance to listen to the most original sound quality. Besides Roku, you can even install YouTube TV on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It is officially available on the Roku Channel Store.
Yes. You can watch YouTube TV by downloading the app.
It means your Roku TV isn’t compatible with the app.
It may be due to the YouTube TV server outage. The issue gets resolved in some time.
After the installation, launch, and log into your account. Browse or search for a title and start streaming it.
It may be due to a bug or software glitch. To resolve the issue, you shall update Roku TV with the latest version.
Launch the app after it gets added and click on Sign in or Sign Up for YouTube TV.