A&E is one of the American TV channels to stream various movies, TV series. Though the initial focus was on fine arts, documentaries, dramas, educational entertainment, you can stream various series and original content. Some of the most popular shows are Court Cam, WWE Most Wanted Treasures, Biography Presents, Nightwatch, Intervention, Hoarders, The First 48, 60 Days In, etc. You can stream the live TV channel with the official app on Android, iOS, Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Samsung TV, etc. In addition to all these devices, you can stream A&E on Google TV.
The A&E app is available for Android TV, and so you can install it on your Google TV from the Play Store. Or you can Chromecast A&E from your smartphone. A&E is also a part of streaming service providers like Sling TV, Philo, AT&T TV, and Hulu TV.
How to Add and Activate A&E on Google TV
1. Boot up your Google TV and make sure to connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
2. From the home screen, you shall click on the Search option.
3. Go ahead and type A&E on the search field.
4. From the search results, choose the A&E app.
5. Now, click on the install button on the app info screen.
6. Once the app gets installed, click on the Open button to launch the app.
7. An activation code will appear on the screen.
8. From your phone or computer web browser, visit https://www.aetv.com/activate.
9. Select Android TV as the device.
10. Then, choose the TV Service provider.
11. Scroll down and enter the activation code.
12. Click Continue to start streaming the contents on your Google TV.
Alternative Way: Chromecast A&E
1. Turn on your Chromecast with Google TV. Then connect your Google TV and Android or iOS smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the A&E app on your Android or iOS device from Play Store or App Store.
3. Ensure to log in with your pay-TV service provider.
4. Now, play any video you want to stream.
5. Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
6. Select the Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
7. On a successful connection, the contents will start streaming on your Google TV.
Alternative Ways to get A&E on Google TV
You can stream A&E with AT&T TV on Google TV. The channel is available on all the subscription packs. Subscription options include an Entertainment pack that costs $69.99/month along with 65+ channel, Choice 90+ channels at $84.99/month, Ultimate 130+ channels at $94.99/month, Premier 145+ channels at $139/month.
Hulu on Google TV supports streaming service A&E long with various live TV channels. Yes, Hulu came with live TV channels as a part of the Hulu + Live TV subscription. The Basic + Live TV service costs $64.99/month and a Premium + Live TV subscription costs $70.99/month. Available channels include MSNBC, NBC, CNBC, TBS, A&T, TNTm HGTV, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc.
Yet another streaming service provider that offers 60+ live TV channels is Philo. The subscription costs $25/month with a 7-day free trial. A&E is one of the 60+ channels you can stream with Philo TV on Google TV. Other channels include AMC, BBC America, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, etc.
Luckily, Sling TV on Google TV offers three different streaming packages, and A&E is a part of all the packs. The Sling Blue costs $35/month; Sling Orange costs $35/month, and the combined pack at $50/month. Other channels include TBS, AMC, AXC, BBC America, BET, Bravo, CNBC, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is A&E a free app?
You can install the A&E app for free on Android, iOS, Roku, Firestick, etc. But to access the content, you might require a streaming service provider subscription. Few episodes and clips are available for free to stream anywhere anytime you want.
2. How do I get A&E on my smart TV?
A&E is available as an official app on your Samsung App Store. Also, you can stream the channel with streaming devices like Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc.