AT&T TV is one of the largest streaming service providers in the USA that offers various live TV channels along with on-demand videos. You can access the AT&T TV using any of the TV providers. It is a subscription-based streaming service, and you can access all your favorite channels under one roof. The popular channels available include ACCN, BBC, BET, Cartoon Network, CNN, FOX, ESPN, Game Show Network, Hallmark Channel, etc. The channel supports unlimited Cloud DVR, and thus, you can record any shows and stream it later. While it is a multi-platform supported streaming service, the AT&T TV app hasn’t arrived yet for the recently launched Google TV. So you might need to sideload the app with the help of a third-party application.
Important Update: AT&T TV got rebranded as DirecTV Stream on August 26, 2021. So, you may either have to update the app with the latest version or uninstall and reinstall it to get the name change to reflect on your device.
How to Stream AT&T TV (DirecTV Stream) on Google TV
To sideload any applications from a third-party source, you have to enable Developer mode and Unknown Sources on our Google TV.
- Install the Downloader app
- Enable Developer mode and Unknown Sources
- Sideload the app
Install the Downloader App on Google TV
(1) Turn on your Google TV and make sure to connect it to the internet.
(2) Click on the Search icon.
(3) Now, with the help of the Google TV remote, type Downloader.
(4) Select the Downloader app from the search results.
(5) Click on the Install button on the next screen.
(6) The Downloader app will be installed on your Google TV. You can also check out our guide on how to install Downloader on Google TV.
Enable Unknown Sources
(1) Click on the Profile icon on the Google TV home screen.
(2) Now, choose Settings and click the About option.
(3) Scroll down and click on the Android OS Build several times continuously.
(4) You will get the You are now a developer pop-up on the screen.
(5) Then, go back to the Settings screen and choose Apps.
(6) Choose the Security and Restrictions option and select Unknown Sources.
(7) Enable the toggle near the Downloader app to enable unknown sources.
Sideload AT&T TV (DirecTV Stream) on Google TV
(1) Launch the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(2) Now, select the home tab on the left pane and click on the URL field.
(3) Type the AT&T TV apk download URL: https://bit.ly/3aSCSOp.
(4) Then, click on the Go button and wait for the app to download.
(5) Once the app is downloaded, click on the Install option.
(6) The app will be installed, and click on the Open button to launch the app.
(7) Now, sign in with your AT&T TV (DirecTV Stream) log-in credentials, and you can access the contents.
How to Cast AT&T TV (DirecTV Stream) to Google TV
(2) Launch and sign in to your AT&T TV account.
(3) Make sure to connect your Google TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
(4) Play any of the content you want to stream.
(5) Tap the Cast icon and select your Google TV.
(6) Now, you can watch the contents on your TV screen.
These are the two alternative ways in which you can let enjoy streaming your favorite shows from DirecTV Stream. Until the official launch, you shall choose either of the methods to stream it.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, as of now, you have to sideload the app or cast the app’s contents to your Google TV.