Audible is an American-based podcasts service owned by Amazon Inc. The audiobooks and the podcasts in the audible app are categorized based on their genre, such as love, fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, etc. The users can download and stream their favorite audiobooks offline. As it updates new titles every week, the users can binge-watch content all day. The Audible is supported and can be installed on many TV operating systems. Currently, it is unavailable on Chromecast with Google TV. To get the app, you need to sideload it. You can also use the screen mirroring technique to stream the Audible app on Google TV.
The WhisperSync is an additional benefit for Audible. Audible offers two types of subscriptions – Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus. In addition, it also provides 30 days free trial to the new users. The subscription plans give you access to thousands of exclusive original content. Audible is the best platform to listen to your favorite audiobooks and podcasts.
How to Get Audible on Google TV
To sideload Audible on Chromecast with Google TV, you need to follow the pre-requisites and then with the installation procedure.
Enable Developer Mode
1) Initially, you need to set up your Chromecast with Google TV with your TV. Ignore this step if you’ve already done it. Keep it connected to the WIFI.
2) On the Google TV interface, tap on your Profile displayed at the top right.
3) Select the Settings menu and navigate to the System option.
4) Locate and tap About. You’ll be directed to the About Page. Scroll down and tap the Android TV OS build option until a pop-up message ” You are now a developer” appears on the screen.
Install Downloader on Google TV
1) Go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button on your TV remote.
2) Click the search icon exhibited at the top and use the virtual keyboard to type Downloader on the search box.
3) Look for the Downloader app in the search results and select it.
4) Click the Install button to download the app.
5) After installing the app, open it and follow the on-screen procedures to access the app.
Enable Unknown Sources
1) Navigate to the Home screen and tap the Profile icon at the top.
2) Hit the Settings menu and select the option Apps.
3) Tap Security & Restrictions and select the Install Unknown Apps option.
4) Tap the toggle button placed next to the Downloader app. Enabling this option allows you to download third-party apps on Google TV.
Sideload Audible on Google TV
1) Open the Downloader app, enter the Audible apk file link on the URL box, and hit the GO button.
2) You’ll see the Audible installation page on the screen. Select the Install button to download the Audible app.
3) Open the Audible app on Google TV and sign in to the app using your credentials.
4) Now, listen to your favorite audible podcasts on TV using Chromecast with Google TV device.
How to Get Audible on Google TV using Screen Casting
Before getting into the steps, make sure to set the Chromecast with Google TV device to your TV. After doing it, connect your smartphone and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
1) Unlock your Smartphone and connect it to the internet.
2) Launch the Play Store app on your mobile.
3) Click the search box at the top and search for the Audible app on the Play Store.
4) Tap the Audible app from the search results and hit the Install button to download the app on your handheld.
5) To launch the Audible app, click Open. Then, provide the Audible login details to access your account.
6) Go to the Notification panel and tap the Cast icon.
7) You’ll see the name of your Google TV. Click on it to establish a connection.
8) That’s it. Within seconds, your mobile screen will be mirrored to your TV. Tap and listen to your desired Audible content on your Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I download the Audible app on Google TV?
Currently, the Audible app is not available on Google TV. But you can stream Audible on Google TV by sideloading or screen sharing.
2) Is the Audible app free?
No. Audible is paid subscription service. To watch Audible content for free, try the 30 days free trial.
3) Can I get Audible on Firestick?
Yes. You can get the Audible app from the Amazon app store on Firestick. In addition, you can also use the sideloading method to download the Audible app.