- Block Ads using Settings: On Apple TV, select Settings > General > Privacy > Limit Ad Tracing > Turn On.
- Using Ad-Blocker (Extinct): Apple TV lets users block the ads using a third-party ad-blocker app called Adblock TV app.
- Block YouTube Ads: Go to Apple TV Settings > Network > Configure DNS > Manual > Enter DNS as 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 > Done > Restart Apple TV > Launch YouTube.
Lately, Apple TV users are provided with lots of useful features and customization options, like changing the screensaver on Apple TV. Commercials have played a crucial role in the streaming industry for quite some time. Ads are the most annoying thing for anyone looking for uninterrupted streaming. You don’t have to watch those annoying ads anymore as you can block Ads on Apple TV 4K or HD by enabling the option Limited Ad tracking in the Apple TV Settings. In addition, you can also block the ads using third-party apps like Adblock TV.
By blocking the ads, you will not find the ads even while using the Apple Store and streaming Apple News. If you don’t want to get the premium subscription plan to block ads, the below methods are the most affordable options to block ads on tvOS.
How to Block Ads on Apple TV
1: Turn On your Apple TV. If you haven’t set it up already, set up the Apple TV box with your TV.
2: From the Apple TV home screen, navigate to Settings.
3: Choose the General option and click Privacy.
4: Scroll down and navigate to the Advertising section.
5: Then, tap the option Limited Ad tracking and turn it On.
How to Block Ads on Apple TV using Third-Party Application
You can get various ad-blocking applications for the Apple TV from the App Store. But still, Adblock TV is the best ad blocker for Apple TV. Install and set up the Adblock TV app on your Apple TV and stream your favorite content ad-free. Recently, Apple removed the Adblock TV app from the App Store for tvOS, and it is no longer compatible with the Apple TV. If you really wish to remove the ads, then jailbreak Apple TV and install the Adblock TV app.
How to Block YouTube Ads on Apple TV 4K & Below Models
If you are using YouTube on Apple TV and want to get rid of YouTube ads that appear, the below steps are all that you need to follow.
1: From the Apple TV home, open the Settings app.
2: Navigate to click on the Network option.
3: Apple TV will display the current network configuration.
4: Go ahead to select Configure DNS.
5: Now, choose the option Manual.
6: Enter the DNS as 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
7: After entering the new DNS, click on the Done button.
8: To make the changes effect, you should restart Apple TV to remove YouTube ads on tvOS.
9. Now, launch the YouTube app and stream videos without ads.
Benefits of Blocking Ads on Apple TV
- Upon blocking ads on tvOS, you need not waste a minute or two watching them.
- The video or page will load faster and more efficiently.
- Blocking ads will limit the advertisers from tracking you.
- Few services cost you just to block the ads. So, you can use the device settings to save some bucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Apple TV will bring you ads on Apple News and App Store based on your search history and browsing data.
You can either get the Hulu (No Ads) plan or try the above methods to block the ads on Apple TV.
Users can remove ads on Apple TV by enabling the limited ad tracking feature.