- On GOM Player, there is no built-in Cast option.
- Casting Via Android: Go to Google Play Store > Download and install GOM Player app > Launch the app > Go to Notification panel > Click Cast option > Choose Chromecast TV > Play a media > Enjoy on TV.
- Cast from iOS: Open App Store > Download GOM Player > Download Chromecast Streamer app > Launch it > Select Chromecast TV > Screen Cast > Start Broadcast > Launch GOM Player > Play a video > Watch on Chromecast TV.
- Cast form PC: Open a browser > Visit GOM Player website > Download Extension > Launch Chrome > Right-click > Cast > Chromecast TV > Cast tab under Sources > Play a media on PC > Enjoy watching on TV.
GOM Player is one of the media players for smartphones and PCs. In the app, you can play video and audio files of any format without lagging issues. While you can Chromecast VLC Player, the GOM Player app doesn’t have the built-in Cast icon to cast the media files to TV. In other words, there is no direct option to cast the GOM Player app on the Chromecast TV. However, you can screen mirror the app to your Chromecast-connected TVs.
If you want to know how to Chromecast the GOM Player to your TV, there are different ways. i.e., Smartphones like Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad) have a built-in Screen mirroring or Cast feature to share the screen with any casting device. Using its extension, you can also cast the GOM Player from your Windows and Mac PC.
GOM Player – An Outline
GOM Player supports playing videos in 360-degree, the non-encoding video files including mp4. It is the most convenient media player as it lets you easily manage your favorite videos. With GOM, managing the favorite videos with the playlist menu. It works with cloud networks such as Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP, Web DAV, etc.
What’s New with GOM Player
The latest feature included with the GOM Player includes
- User-friendly interface.
- Sliding menus and intuitive screen options.
- Sleep timer function.
- Support for Speed control and Section movement.
GOM Player Plus
By default, GOM Player will bring in ads while watching videos. However, if you want to take advantage of it, you will get the app’s premium version.
- GOM Player Plus: $15, which is a permanent License.
With the upgrade, you will get the optimal control panel for the video playback with subtitle sync controls, screen capture, etc. It ensures you get a high-resolution playback with user-friendly product design and skins.
How to Chromecast GOM Player Using Android Smartphones
(1) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) Install the GOM Player Android app from the Play Store.
(3) Tap the Cast icon on the Quick Acces menu or Notification panel.
(4) It will search for a nearby casting device. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it.
(5) Your entire smartphone screen will appear on your TV.
(6) Open the GOM Player app and play any media file. It will be cast on your TV via Chromecast.
How to Chromecast GOM Player Using iOS Smartphones
(2) Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as Chromecast.
(3) Open the Chromecast Streamer app.
(4) It will search for the Chromecast device. When it is detected, tap on it.
(5) Now, tap the Screen Cast option.
(6) On the next screen, tap the Start Broadcast button.
(7) Like the Android smartphone, the entire iOS device’s screen will appear on your TV.
(8) Now, open the GOM Player app and stream any media file.
(9) It will appear on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Note: If you have WMP, you can even Chromecast Windows Media Player and play the local media files on your TV.
How to Chromecast GOM Player from PC
(1) On your PC, go to the GOM Player website and download the extension.
(2) Connect your PC to the same WiFi network as Chromecast and open the Chrome browser.
(3) Right-click on the browser and choose the Cast option.
(4) Now, click the Sources tab and choose the Cast Desktop option.
(5) Open the GOM Player on your PC and play any media file. It will appear on your TV through Chromecast.
(6) To stop the casting, close the Chrome browser.
How to Cast GOM Player to Chromecast TV Using Google Home App
(1) Begin by connecting your smartphone and Chromecast TV to the same WIFI.
(2) Go to the apps section and launch the Google Home app.
(3) Choose your Chromecast TV from the available devices.
(4) Select the Cast icon and tap on the Cast screen option.
(5) Now, open the GOM Player app on your smartphone.
(6) Select any media to play, and the same will start streaming on your Chromecast TV.
Use any of the above-mentioned ways to Chromecast the GOM Player to your TV. The cast feature in the app is under development. Once released, you can simply press the Cast icon and cast the media files to any Chromecast device. Until then, you must use the screen mirroring feature on your smartphones and its extension to get the GOM Player Chromecast experience. You can Chromecast Windows Media Player, which is a better alternative to GOM Player.
Yes. You can cast it from a PC or phone to Chromecast TV.
Yes. It is free to download and use on any device, including Mac.