- Cast from PC: Launch Chrome > Right-click > Cast > Chromecast TV > Cast desktop tab under Sources > Open a PDF to view on TV.
- From Smartphone: On Android/iOS, download Google Home app > Launch it > Select Chromecast TV > Cast icon > Cast screen > Open the PDF on phone > Access it from TV.
Chromecast supports casting media files from your smartphone or PC to your TV. Besides, you can also Chromecast PDF to your TV from your smartphone (Android/iPhone) and PC. Casting the PDF files to your TV will give a bigger view and be easy to read. In addition to texts and links, PDF files usually hold audio and videos. Upon casting, you shall play the video and audio files included in the PDF on your Chromecast TV. The feature will be useful when you want to display the presentation to a large gathering.
If you have a PDF file stored on your device and question how to cast PDF to TV, there are two ways to cast the file to your Chromecast.
- Using PC
- Using Smartphones
How to Chromecast PDF using PC
For this, you must have the latest version of the Chrome browser on your PC.
(1) Connect your PC to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) Open the Chrome browser and right-click on any blank space.
(3) On the pop-up, click the Cast option.
(4) Now, your PC will search for nearby Chromecast devices.
(5) When it is detected, click the Sources drop-down button and choose Cast File.
(6) Now, the browser will ask you to choose the PDF file. Select the PDF file that you want to cast.
(7) The PDF will be opened on your Chrome browser and appear on your TV.
(8) You can control the page viewing and scrolling using the PC, and the same will reflect on your TV.
How Can I Cast a PDF to TV using Smartphone
To cast PDF using smartphones, you need to mirror your smartphone screen. As none of the PDF viewing apps has a built-in Cast icon, you need to mirror your smartphone screen and open the PDF file. This method won’t be as convenient as using a PC. In smartphones, you will get notifications from different apps appearing on your TV, and it may annoy you. So, we recommend you use the PC method for better convenience.
How to Cast PDF to Chromecast TV from Smartphone
It is possible to cast any PDF files available on your phone to Chromecast TV with the help of the Google Home app. It is officially available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
(1) Connect your Chromecast TV to a WIFI and use the same network connection on your phone.
(2) Launch the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device.
(3) Choose your Chromecast TV name from the available devices.
(4) Select the Cast icon and choose Cast screen.
(5) Now, locate and open the PDF file on your smartphone that you want to cast.
(6) With this, the PDF file on your smartphone will appear on your TV.
Cast the PDF files from your smartphone or PC to your Chromecast-connected TV and read them. Chromecast PDF files and view them on a bigger screen. In addition to PDF, it is possible to Chromecast PPT Presentations to your TV if you want to share them with a group of audience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. By using the above step, you can cast a PDF file with ease.
Those iPhone users can cast PDF to TV using the Chromecast Streamer app. The app is available on the App Store.