- Crave is officially available on the App Store for Apple TV.
- On tvOS, select the App Store >> click on the Search bar >> type as Crave >> select the app >> click Get >> select Open >> Activate >> Stream on Apple TV.
- Via Screen Mirroing: On iOS, download Crave app > Launch it > Sign up/Login > Go to Control Center > Screen Mirroring > Choose Apple TV > Play a video > Watch on TV.
Crave is a Canada-based streaming platform that offers video content from HBO, SHOWTIME, and STARZ. With that, you can get the benefits of three streaming platforms in one app. The Crave app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. You can install the app from the App Store. If you are using older Apple TV models, you can’t install apps manually. There is no App Store on the Apple TV older models. You need to screen mirror the Crave app from your iPhone or iPad. After installing the Crave app on your device, you need to activate the app from the Crave website to access the content.
Crave: An Outline
With Crave, you can watch series, movies, shows, etc., for unlimited hours. Besides streaming, you shall download the title for offline access. You will get access to Hollywood blockbusters and French language content in Canada.
Currently, only two subscription plans are available from Crave.
- Crave Total: $19.99
- Crave Total + STARZ: $25.99
With this, the new subscribers will get a 7-day free trial.
How to Install Crave on Apple TV (4K and HD)
When you have the Apple TV 4k or Apple TV HD, you shall find the details for how to download Crave on Apple TV below.
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store.
(2) On the top, go to the Search bar.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Crave and search for it.
(4) Select the app and click the Get icon to download the app.
(5) Open the app on your Apple TV.
How to Sign In and Activate Crave on Apple TV
(1) Open the app and go to the Account Management section.
(2) You will get a 5-digit activation code. Note down the code.
(3) Take your smartphone or PC and go to the Crave Activation website.
(4) Sign in with your subscribed account and enter the activation code. Click the Submit button.
- Make sure to enter the same subscription account details if you don’t want to come across Crave Apple TV not activating issues.
(5) When it is activated, you will get Success! Notification on the webpage and the Crave app will display the video content.
FYI: If you want to stream the best of Crave on your smart TV, you shall Chromecast Crave from your phone or PC.
How to Get Crave on Apple TV 3rd Gen & Below
(1) Install the Crave app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
(2) Open the app and sign in with your Crave account.
(3) Go to the Control Centre and select the Screen Mirroring feature.
(4) Your iOS device will look for nearby Apple TV. When it is detected, tap on the device.
(5) Now, play any video from the Crave app. It will appear on your Apple TV.
Crave TV on Apple TV Not Working: Causes & Fixes
Like any other app, Crave may not work under a few circumstances. It may be due to an internet connection issue, Crave server outage, expired subscription, outdated app, firmware outdated, etc.
- Check if your internet connection is of high speed and stable.
- You shall check if your subscription is expired to renew it.
- When there is a server outage, you shall wait for it to resolve from the developer’s end.
- Check for the app’s new update, and you can get it installed from the app store.
- You shall update the Apple TV firmware with the latest version.
Install and activate the Crave app on your Apple TV and get to watch movies & series from HBO, SHOWTIME, and STARZ. Screen mirror the Carve app from your iPhone or iPad to your older Apple TV models.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can as the app is available on the App Store.
Once you open the Crave app, go to the Account Management section. You will get the activation code.
If you can’t activate Crave, it may be because of entering the wrong activation code or sign-in details. So, make sure you provide the right details.
If you can’t sign into Crave on Apple TV, you shall try disconnecting the VPN and ad-blocker to check if that is working.
Yes. You can update Crave app whenever a new version is released on the App Store. Go to App Store >> Magnifying glass >> search for Crave >> select the app >> click Update.
You may be unable to access it on Apple TV 3rd generation and below as these models don’t officially support installing apps.