- Crunchyroll is unavailable in the LG Content Store.
- By Casting Crunchyroll App: Install Crunchyroll app >> Launch >> Tap Cast or AirPlay icon >> Select LG Smart TV >> Stream anime on LG TV.
- Using LG TV Plus app: Install LG TV Plus app >> Launch >> Set up >> Enable Screen Mirroring >> Open Crunchyroll app >> Watch Crunchyroll content.
- Cast from Google Chrome: Visit Crunchyroll website >> sign in >> Right-Click >> Cast >> select LG Smart TV >> Sources >> Cast tab >> Start streaming.
- Via AirPlay on Mac: Enable AirPlay on LG Smart TV >> Visit Crunchyroll website >> AirPlay icon >> select TV name >> Watch the content.
Crunchyroll is a streaming service that mainly provides anime content after the day it was aired on TV for free. It features an ever-expanding library with more than 1000 titles, including new episodes, past seasons, and originals. Although it is free and has a premium version, you are out of luck if you are an LG TV user. i.e., the Crunchyroll app is unavailable on the LG Content Store for LG Smart TV.
Though the Crunchyroll app is not compatible with LG Smart TV WebOS, we will help you deal with it in alternative ways. i.e., you can cast the Crunchyroll app to LG TV from your smartphone. With the LG TV Plus, you can screen mirror your smartphone to your LG TV. The procedure is more similar to watching Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV.
When Can I Get Crunchyroll on my LG Smart TV?
There is no official announcement from the app developer about when it will be available for LG TV. While it is currently available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Firestick, etc., we could expect the Crunchyroll WebOS version or LG TV app sooner.
How to Watch Crunchyroll on LG Smart TV
You can use the cast Crunchyroll to LG TV from Android or iOS smartphones.
(2) Connect your smartphone and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Crunchyroll app and sign in with your account.
(4) Tap the Cast icon or the AirPlay icon on the Crunchyroll app.
(5) Choose your LG Smart TV and tap on it.
(6) Now, stream any anime content on your smartphone. It will appear on your LG Smart TV.
Important Note: This method works only on selected LG Smart TV models. So you can follow the method discussed below if you can’t cast the Crunchyroll app using the above method.
How to Watch Crunchyroll on LG Smart TV [Alternate Way]
(2) Connect your LG Smart TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the LG TV Plus app and set up the app using the on-screen instructions.
(4) Enable the screen mirroring feature on the LG TV Plus app after the setup.
(5) Your smartphone screen will appear on your LG Smart TV.
(6) Open the LG Crunchyroll app and stream any anime content.
(7) Now, you will find the same Crunchyroll content playing on your LG TV.
Note: Like LG TV, you cannot stream Crunchyroll on Vizio Smart TV directly. You need not cast or mirror its title.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on LG Smart TV via PC
As the app is unavailable on the LG Content Store, you cannot download Crunchyroll. You must cast or screen mirror the Crunchyroll app to your LG TV.
Cast via Google Chrome Browser
(1). At first, connect both of your PC and Chromecast devices to the same WIFI network connection.
(2). Open the Google Chrome web browser and visit Crunchyroll’s official website.
(3). If prompted, sign in to your account using the Crunchyroll login details.
(4). Choose the video and right-click on it. Select the cast option on the pop-up menu.
(5). Now, select the LG Smart TV from the device list.
(6). Click on the Sources drop-down arrow and select the Cast tab option from the menu list.
(7). Wait till the devices connect. Once connected, the video will play on the wider screen.
AirPlay from Mac
You can cast the Crunchyroll content on LG Smart TV using the AirPlay or Screen Mirroring option on your Mac device. Here are the steps to do so.
(1). Initially, enable AirPlay on LG Smart TV and ensure the devices are connected to the same WIFI network.
(2). On your preferred web browser, head to www.crunchyroll.com.
(3). Select your favorite video and then tap on the AirPlay icon Mac Menu bar.
(4). Choose the LG Smart TV name under AirPlay To section. Alternatively, Open Control center >> Screen Mirroring >> select TV name from the list of available devices.
How to Get Crunchyroll on Older Model LG TV
Those using older model LG smart TVs cannot use the casting procedure. You can connect any streaming device, like Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, etc., to your LG TV. With that, you shall search and download the Crunchyroll app from the respective App Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your LG TV is cast-supported, you can cast the Crunchyroll app from your Android or iOS smartphone.
No. There is no Crunchyroll app available on LG Content Store for WebOS.
Yes. You can Chromecast Crunchyroll from an Android or iOS smartphone and PC.
Yes. However, you will be limited with the titles. You need to get any of its subscriptions to watch the latest episodes and shows.