The Investigation Discovery channel is most popularly known as ID, is an American multinational pay-TV channel. It mainly focuses on true-crime documentaries. It mainly features all original programming. You can also be able to watch the various reruns of ABC’s 20/20, CBS’s 48 Hours, and NBC’s Deadline, etc. Some of the long-running original shows include Disappeared, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda, etc. The channel is also available in Canada, Europe, Latin America, India, Australia, New Zealand, France. You can stream the Investigation Discovery on your Google TV in addition to mobile and PC.
For this, you need to have a pay-TV service provider subscription. You can even install the ID Go app on your Android device or iOS, so that you can screen mirror your device to stream. Or, if you are planning to cut the cord, then skip to the alternative apps section.
How to Stream Investigation Discovery on Google TV
1. On the Google TV home screen, click on the Search option.
2. Now type or say ID Go by pressing the Google Assistant button.
3. Then, select the ID Go app from the search results.
4. On the app info screen, click on the Install button.
5. Wait for the app to complete its download and installation on your Google TV.
6. Launch the ID Go app and choose Sign in. And an activation code will appear on the screen.
7. Now, go to investigationdiscovery.com/activate from any web browser.
8. Enter the code on the provided text field, and click Activate.
9. Then, choose your service provider and sign in with your pay-TV service provider username and password.
10. Restart the app, and the contents will start loading on your device.
Related: How to Watch Cinemax on Google TV [Alternative Ways]
Alternative Ways to Stream Investigation Discovery on Google TV
You can install Discovery Plus on Google TV to stream Investigation Discovery channel TV shows and series. It offers various channels like HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Animal Planet, Discovery, etc. It costs $4.99/month, and an ad-free service costs $6.99/month. The app offers premium content in 40+ genres. It offers streaming with 7-days free trial. The app is luckily available on your Google TV App Store.
Sling TV offers three different subscription packs called Blue ($35/month), Orange ($35/month), and the combined pack ($50/month). You can get the Investigation Discovery channel on all three packages. Moreover, you can get 100s of live TV channels along with 20000 hours of Video On Demand movies and TV series. Luckily, the Sling TV is available on Google TV App Store. Furthermore, you will not need any satellite or cable TV Service provider to stream.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I watch Investigation Discovery on my Smart TV?
Yes, you can install the ID Go app on your smart TV and sign in with the cable TV or satellite TV service provider to steam.
2. Which app can I watch Investigation Discovery on?
You can stream Investigation Discovery with the ID Go app, Discovery Plus, Sling TV, Fubo TV, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, YouTube TV, etc.