DIY and crafts have been a great hobby from kids to elders from earlier days to now. DIY stands for Do It Yourself. And Americans had a channel dedicated to exploring more on the DIY arts and crafts called DIY Network. You can get involved with activities of decorating, building, repairing, making anything by yourself. It features programs and shows that provide various DIY arts and crafts for your house, garden, landscapes, etc. Many professional artists and experienced experts will present various shows. You can stream the channel with a participating cable or satellite TV provider on your TV. In addition to popular devices, you can stream DIY Network on Google TV.
It is vital to get the DIY Network Go app to stream the DIY Network shows. It is a spin-off of HGTV, so you can stream a few contents on the HGTV Go app. But if you want to stream all shows on-demand or live, you will need the DIY Network app and a participating pay-TV service provider subscription.
How to Get DIY Network on Google TV
(1) Boot up your Google TV after setting up with your TV and connecting it to the internet.
(2) Select the Search option. Or press the Google Voice Assistant button on your remote.
(3) Type or say DIY Network Go app on the search screen.
(4) Select the DIY Network Go app from the search results.
(5) Click on the Install button on the following window.
(6) Choose the Sign-in option and not down the activation code appear on the screen.
(7) Go to https://watch.diynetwork.com/activate from any web browser.
(8) Now, enter the activation code on the provided text field and click Activate.
(9) Choose your service provider and log in to the account that you subscribed to.
(10) Get back to your Google TV and restart the DIY Network app.
11) With this, the shows will start playing.
(12) Click on the Watch Live option to start streaming your live TV.
Alternative Ways to Stream DIY Network on Google TV – Sideload
You can sideload apps on Google TV to stream the contents from the respective streaming services. The below steps are all about sideloading DIY Network on Google TV.
(1) Install the Downloader app on your Google TV from the Play Store.
(2) Go to the home screen, click on the Profile icon and choose Settings.
(3) Click on the About menu.
(4) Click continuously on the Android TV OS Build until you find you are now a developer message.
(5) Go to Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
(6) Turn on the Downloader app.
(7) Open the Downloader app and enter the URL Of the DIY Network Go apk app.
Related: How to Install NBC on Google TV in All Possible Ways
(8) Now, click Go, and once the app is downloaded, click Install.
(9) The app gets installed. Select Sign in and enter the activation code by visiting https://watch.diynetwork.com/activate.
(10) Sign in with your TV service provider and start streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get DIY Network on my Smart TV?
You can stream the DIY Network with the DIY Network App on your smart TV. Or you can stream the contents with Philo, Sling TV, Hulu+Live TV, or AT&T TV, and more other streaming services.
2. What will happen to DIY Network?
DIY Network is rephrasing its programming in 2022. It features Mangoian-based programs on the channel from 2022. You can also stream complete Fixer Upper Library, new seasons of DIY Favourites, and new episodes from the signature DIY series.