- Dropbox is officially available on the Amazon App Store for Firestick.
- From Amazon App Store: From Firestick Home >> Find >> Search >> type Dropbox >> select the app >> click Download >> select Open.
- Sideload Via Downloader: On Firestick, install Downloader > Enable Unknown Sources > Launch Downloader > Allow > Enter Dropbox URL > Go > Install > Open.
Dropbox is a cloud storage service that stores your media files and accesses them on multiple devices. With Dropbox, you and your team can stay in sync by using a centralized place to store documents to work together on your projects securely. All your important files will be backed up automatically, and you can share large video files with your friends and family. It uses the latest 256-bit encryption technology to ensure all your data are stored safely. Further, you can store all your data in a single easy-to-access place to easily access the files. Dropbox is compatible with Mac, PC, iOS, Roku, and Andriod. In addition, you can install and use Dropbox on your Firestick to store your data.
How to Install Dropbox on Firestick
You can visit the Amazon App Store to directly download Dropbox on your Amazon Firestick.
1. Initially, launch the Firestick Home screen by pressing the Home button on your Firestick remote.
2. Select Find and click the Search tile.
3. Type Dropbox on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Pick the Dropbox app from the search results.
5. Tap the Download button and wait till the app gets installed.
6. Once the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
7. Next, navigate to the Apps section.
8. Select the Dropbox app from the list of available apps.
9. Press the Options button on your Firestick remote.
10. Tap the Move option to launch the app on your Firestick home screen.
11. Once you open the app, sign in with your account.
12. Enter your first and last name, Email address, and password.
13. Hit the checkbox and click Create an account.
14. Complete the verification process.
15. Next, click the sign-in button.
16. Finally, you are ready to use Dropbox on your Firestick.
Alternative Method: Install Dropbox on Fire TV Stick using Downloader
Install Downloader on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Firestick Home screen.
2. Tap Find and click the Search tile.
3. Type Downloader on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Click the Download button to install the app.
Enable Unknown Sources
1. Click the Settings icon on your Firestick home screen.
2. Tap the My Fire TV tile.
3. Click the Developer options.
4. Select Install unknown apps.
5. Turn on Downloader to install the Dropbox app on your Firestick as an apk.
Sideload Dropbox on Firestick using Downloader
1. Navigate to the Apps section on your Fire TV.
2. Select Downloader from the app list and launch it on your Firestick home screen.
3. When you open the app, a prompt message will appear on the screen.
4. Tap the Allow button to allow the downloader app to access the files stored on your Firestick.
5. Click the Home tab on the left pane.
6. Enter the URL of the Dropbox apk download link in the search field box.
7. Hit the Go button to download the apk file.
8. Once the apk file is downloaded, open the file and click the Install button.
9. Wait till the Dropbox Fire TV app gets installed.
10. After installing the Dropbox app, tap the Open button to launch it on your Firestick.
11. Click the Delete button to delete the apk files permanently from your Firestick.
You can follow any of the above methods to add and stream Dropbox on your Firestick. Alternatively, you can also try using Google Drive on Firestick and Jellyfin on Firestick to store your media file and stream it on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Dropbox is available on the Amazon App Store.
You can access Dropbox for free with limited features. But to get more features, you need to get any of its subscriptions. Dropbox Plus costs $9.99 per month, Dropbox professional costs $16.58 per month, and Dropbox Standard costs $15 per month.