El Rey is a cable TV channel launched in 2013, and it made it to the ground with the help of Univision Communications. For almost 8 years, they were in partnership with the El-Rey channel. Because of the poor record of the viewership, Univision Communication sold its stake in the El Rey Network. Then, in the following days, El Rey announced that it would be closing its operations. However, you can watch El Rey on Google TV.
You might wonder how you can watch a defunct channel on Google TV. The answer is that El Rey has sold its programming to The Roku Channel. So, you can access its programming on its platform or using the Roku app. The programming will help you to get you entertained. But the Roku app is unavailable for your Google TV. Still, you can watch El Rey in the Roku original section by casting the Roku app from Android Smartphone or PC.
How to Watch El Rey on Google TV
1. Connect your Android device and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Roku app from the Google Play Store.
3. Tap on the Cast option from the Notification Panel.
4. Select your Google TV from the list of available devices.
5. Now, open the Roku app and log in to your account.
6. Tap on the Roku Channel tab from the bottom of the interface.
7. Search for the El-Rey programming.
8. Play any movie or TV show.
9. And enjoy watching the select show on your Google TV.
Related: How to Download SYFY on Google TV [Easy Ways]
How to Cast El Rey to Google TV using PC
1. Connect your PC and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Visit the official site of The Roku Channel Store.
3. Log in to your account. Then, use the search bar to type as The Roku Channel.
4. Select The Roku Channel from the search result.
5. Click on the Add Channel button to download the channel.
6. Search and play the El Rey programming on the Roku Channel.
7. Click on the Three Verticle Dots icon from the upper right corner.
8. Choose the Cast option.
9. Select your Google TV to watch El Rey on it.
Related: How to Stream Quibi on Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I watch El Rey on YouTube TV?
No, El Rey is unavailable on YouTube TV or any other streaming services.
2. What happened to El Rey?
El Rey ceased its operations in 2020 and sold its programming to the Roku Channel.
3. How can I watch El Rey on Google TV?
You can cast El Rey from an Android smartphone or PC using the Roku app to your Google TV.
4. Is the Roku Channel free?
Yes, some channels and movies are free.