- Cause: Connectivity issue between the remote and Fire TV, Low battery in the remote, & Outdated firmware.
- Fixes: Check the internet speed & connect TV to stable WIFI > try to Reset router > Update Firestick > Reset Remote > Power Cycle > Replace Batteries > Disconnect Remote > Reset Firestick.
- Alternatively, you shall use the Amazon Fire TV App as a remote controller.
Firestick remote control helps you navigate the device easily. At times, you might have encountered an issue like the remote blinking yellow. While the flashing Yellow light on the Firestick remote isn’t a serious problem, you shall need to fix it up for all good. The blinking yellow light issue occurs due to the connectivity issues between the remote and the Firestick device.
Causes for Firestick TV Remote to Blink Yellow
- You require a strong internet connection to stream content on Firestick. So, when there is a network connection interruption, you might see the remote blinking Yellow 3 times.
- Sometimes, the Yellow blinking light indicates that the remote’s battery is low and you are running outdated firmware on your Firestick device.
- When the Fire TV firmware isn’t updated in a while, you might find this yellow blinking light issue.
However, you can solve all these problems quickly, just like the Firestick remote not pairing issue.
How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
You can resolve the yellow blinking issue quickly with the help of the best fixes given above.
- Check the Internet Speed
- Reset your router
- Update Firestick
- Reset Firestick remote
- Power cycle your Firestick device
- Replace the batteries in the remote
- Disconnect Multiple Device
- Reset your Fire Cube
Check for the Internet Speed
As a poor or slow internet connection may be a problem for blinking yellow light, it is recommended to check for the internet or WIFI connection. So, perform a speed test and make sure the connection is stable and fast. When there is any lag in the internet connectivity, you shall connect your Fire TV to a WIFI with higher bandwidth. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you shall proceed with the other fixes.
Reset Your Router
If your Firestick remote flashes Yellow light, you must first check the internet connection. So, you can reset the router to solve the problem.
1. Make sure that your router is plugged into a power source.
2. Locate the Reset button from the bottom or back of your router.
3. Press and hold the Reset button.
4. Then, release the reset button when the router turns on.
If you still get the Firestick remote yellow light problem, you can contact your internet service provider to know the problem.
Firestick brings firmware updates now and then. So, you have to update the Firestick regularly to fix the Firestick remote flashing Yellow light issue. You can update Firestick to make the remote work properly.
1. Navigate to click on the Settings icon from the menu bar of your Firestick home screen.
2. Click on My Fire TV and then the About option. Suppose you don’t find the Device option, select System.
3. Under that, choose the System Update option.
4. If any update is available, click the System Update option.
5. Now, your device will be updated to the latest firmware.
Now, check Amazon remote blinking yellow light issue has been resolved. Else, follow the below fixes.
Reset Firestick Remote
Next, you can try to reset your Firestick remote to solve the issue. Because the remote is not connecting to your Firestick properly, it may blink yellow. To resolve this, you can reset your remote.
1. Long press the Home button on the remote and leave it.
2. Now, press the Menu button nine times.
3. Plug out the Firestick device from the power source and wait for 60 seconds.
4. Take the batteries out and insert them back into the remote.
5. Input your TV and when the Home screen appears, press and hold the Home button.
Note: If you have a 3rd generation Firestick remote, you can use Alexa to reset it and pair the Firestick remote again.
Power Cycle Firestick
A simple power cycle can fix Firestick remote flashing yellow. If the HDMI port is not working or you have input the device to the wrong HDMI port, the remote will blink yellow. So, replug your Firestick on your TV.
1. Turn off your Fire TV Stick first.
2. Remove the Firestick device from the HDMI port.
3. Wait for a few minutes and connect the device to the different HDMI ports.
4. Then, turn on the TV and check if the problem still exists with the remote.
Replace the Batteries
If the batteries don’t have enough charge, the remote will blink yellow to indicate you. In that case, you can replace the batteries on the remote to solve the problem.
Disconnect Multiple Device
You will get the issue if your Firestick TV remote is connected or paired with two or more devices. So try disconnecting the paired devices and check if the yellow light stops blinking on your remote.
Reset your Firestick
If your Firestick remote is blinking Yellow 3 times, you should reset your Firestick and update it.
Those using Firestick can press and hold the Back and Right navigation circles for 10 seconds. Follow the screen instructions to reset your Firestick.
On Fire TV Cube:
1. On your Fire Cube, press and hold the Volume Down and Mute buttons for up to 50 seconds.
2. You will see the blue flashlight on your Fire Cube once the restating process is completed.
If the problem persists, try to do a factory reset on your Fire Cube. Follow the steps to do so.
- Go to My Fire TV menu >> Settings.
- Then select the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
Use the Amazon Fire TV App
If any of the above methods will not give you a hand, then you can use the Amazon Fire TV app on your Smartphone as a temporary Fire Stick remote. Here are the steps to download and use the Amazon Fire TV app.
2. Connect the smartphone and Fire TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the app on your Smartphone.
4. Sign in to your account and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Now, you can use the app to control your Fire TV.
That’s it. These are the best fixes to try when the Firestick remote is blinking Yellow. If you ever thought to avoid the Fire TV remote blinking yellow problem, you can better use rechargeable batteries for the remote. If you cannot solve the issue after trying all the fixes, you can buy a new remote. Furthermore, these fixes will help you resolve Firestick Remote not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yellow light on Firestick remote appears when there are any remote connectivity issues, low battery, or due to firmware-related issues.
If the Amazon Fire Stick remote blinks the Yellow light 3 times, you should reset the remote and update your Firestick device.
Yes, you can connect Firestick to Roku TV.
To pair, open Settings >> Controllers & Bluetooth >> Amazon Fire TV Remote >> press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds to finish the pairing.