Freeform is an American Multinational cable TV channel from the ABC Network. The channel’s primary focus audiences were teenagers, young adults, and young women, generally known as Millenials. It features extensive TV shows, programs, films, sports that are best suited for the audience of age 13 to 34. Watching live TV channels on Freeform requires a cable or satellite TV service provider subscription. Sometimes you can also stream the channel without any of those. Despite its availability for Android, iOS, Firestick, etc., you can also stream Freeform on Google TV.
There is a TV everywhere app for the Freeform cable TV channel. With this, you can stream both live and on-demand titles. A TV everywhere app will need a pay-TV subscription provider, either cable or satellite. If you have any such subscription, you are good to stream the free form channel on Google TV.
How to Add Freeform on Google TV
(1) Launch your Chromecast with Google TV streaming device ad connect it to the internet.
(2) From the home screen top menu, choose the Apps option.
(3) To search for the app, you shall type Freeform with the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Select the app from the search result.
(5) Click on the Install button.
(6) The app gets downloaded and installed on your Google TV.
(7) Click on the Open button on the app info screen to launch the app.
(8) Open the Freeform app, and click on the Sign in with TV Service Provider from the bottom of the screen.
(9) An activation code will appear on the screen.
(10) Visit https://www.freeform.com/activate from any web browser you want.
(11) Enter the activation code on the provided text space.
(12) Click Continue and sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
Related: How to Stream VH1 on Chromecast with Google TV
Alternative Way to Stream Freeform on Google TV – Casting
(2) Launch the Freeform app and sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
(3) Now connect your Chromecast with Google TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi Network.
(4) Open the app and play any video you want.
(5) Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
Related: How to Add & Stream Boomerang on Google TV
(6) Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
(7) The video will now be cast on your TV screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Freeform on Chromecast?
Yes, you can cast Freeform from your Android or iOS smartphone. The channel’s TV Everywhere app supports both casting and Airplay.
2. Is Freeform a free app?
The app is absolutely free to download. But in order to watch the contents, you will need a cable or satellite TV provider subscription.