If you prefer to cut your cable cord, you can use Fubo TV as the better option to stream live TV channels. Fubo TV is an American streaming service that mainly focuses on live TV streaming. The main channel lineup focuses on the sports TV packages, and so you will find about two dozen sports channels on Fubo TV. You can also buy an add-on international sports pack with the subscription. The streaming service is available on various devices. It doesn’t need any cable or satellite TV subscription for streaming the channels. You just require an internet connection. Let us see how to stream Fubo TV on Google TV.
The app is officially available for Google TV, and it will not take more than a minute or two to install the app. All you have to do is install it from the Play Store and sign in with your username and password. With this, you can start streaming live TV channels and on-demand content.
How to Add Fubo TV on Google TV
1. Boot up your Google TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Choose the Search option from the top-left corner of the home screen.
3. Type Fubo TV on the provided search field and select the app from the search results.
4. On the app info screen, click on the Install button.
5. The Fubo TV app gets downloaded and installed on your Google TV.
6. Go ahead to select Open to launch the app on the connected TV and choose to Sign in with Code or Sign in with Email.
7. If you choose to sign in with your email, enter your Email ID and password. Or, if you choose to sign in with a code, an activation code will appear on the screen.
8. Then visit https://fubo.tv/connect from your web browser.
9. Sign in to your fubo TV account with your username and password.
10. Enter the code on the provided text field and click Submit.
11. On successful submission, the Fubo TV home screen will load on your connected TV.
12. With this, you can stream Fubo TV titles on your Chromecast with Google TV.
Related: How to Install BET on Chromecast with Google TV
Alternative Way to Get Fubo TV on Google TV using Downloader
1. On your Google TV, install the Downloader app from the Play Store.
2. Click the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Choose Settings > System and select About under the Settings menu.
4. Click on the Android TV OS Build until you see You are now a Developer.
5. Then, go back to Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
6. Under the Install Unknown Apps menu, you shall turn on the toggle near the Downloader app.
Related: How to Get Tubi on Chromecast with Google TV
7. Open the Downloader app and highlight the URL field.
8. Enter the Fubo TV APK URL and click Go. Wait for the app to download.
9. Click Install on the pop-up and then choose Install again.
10. After the installation, you can sign in to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use Fubo TV with Chromecast?
Yes, you can Chromecast Fubo TV from your Android or iOS smartphone. Or you can even cast it from the Google Chrome browser.
2. How much is Fubo TV?
There are two different subscription options available with Fubo TV. The Standard plan costs $64.99/month for 87 live TV channels with 250 hours of cloud storage. There is an Elite pack that costs $79.99/month for 158+ channels and 1000 hrs of cloud storage.
3. What are the main channels that you will not have with Fubo TV?
You will not get TNT, TBS, HLN, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, truTV, Boomerang, CNN, etc., with Fubo TV.