- On Android OS: Select Apps >> Google Play Store >> Search icon >> Type HBO Max >> Install >> Open >> Sign In >> Visit HBO Max Activation website >> Enter Activation code >> Next >> Start streaming.
- On Roku OS: Go to Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> HBO Max >> Add Channel >> Go to Channel >> Visit HBO Max Activation website >> Enter Activation code >> Next >> Login >> Start streaming.
- Via HBO Max app: Install HBO Max on your mobile >> Launch >> Sign In >> Select video >> Cast icon >> Choose Philips TV.
HBO Max is one of the best on-demand streaming apps with an incredible content library catered to adults and kids. You can stream HBO Max on Philips Smart TV to experience TV shows, documentaries, and movies. Since Philips TV supports different OS, the installation procedure differs.
HBO Max: An Overview
It has selective content in 4K UHD, most of which are in 1080p HD. It also exclusively brings you HBO Max Originals, and you can stream them hassle-free. In addition, HBO max comes with a strict Parental Control mode ensuring safe streaming for kids. It has a dedicated user profile for kids, and parents can keep track of what they stream. The best part about HBO Max is that it streams new movies and on-demand titles on the same day of the theatrical release. With one single subscription, you can create up to five user profiles that you can customize for kids and adults.
Highlights of HBO Max
- Add up to five user profiles under one subscribed account to personalize the streaming experience.
- Watch the content in 4K HDR streaming quality.
- Users can download and watch the content in offline mode with unlimited hours of cloud DVR storage.
- HBO Max has the built-in Parental control feature.
HBO Max Subscription Plans
HBO Max has two subscription plans: the first is supported by ads, and the second is totally ad-free. You can avail of the subscription monthly or get the annual plan to save yourself a bit of money. There is no hidden fee. Moreover, the subscription plan is so versatile and flexible that you get the option to choose exactly what you want. There is no HBO Max free trial.
|Subscription||Monthly Plan||Yearly Plan|
|HBO Max Ad-Supported||$9.99||$99.99|
|HBO Max Ad-free||$14.99||$149.99|
How to Get HBO Max on Phillips Smart TV
Philips Smart TV runs on two operating systems, Android and Roku. If your Philips Smart TV runs on Android OS, you will have no trouble finding the HBO Max app on the Play Store. If your device runs on Roku, you can get the HBO Max app from the Roku Channel Store.
How to Download HBO Max on Philips Smart TV with Android OS
1. Make sure your Philips Android TV has an active internet connection.
2. Select the Apps tab on the home screen and then go to Google Play Store.
3. From the Google Play Store screen, click on the Search icon from the top left corner of the screen.
4. Type HBO Max in the search bar using the onscreen keyboard, and click on the HBO Max app from the search results.
5. Click the Install button on the app info page. Once the installation is complete, click on the Open button to launch the app.
6. Click on the Sign In option, and an Activation code will be displayed on your screen.
7. Go to the HBO Max Activation Website from any browser.
8. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Next button.
9. Sign in to your HBO Max account and stream all the amazing content on Philips Smart TV.
Related: How to Get HBO Max on Sony Smart TV [Easy Guide]
How to Watch HBO Max on Philips Smart TV with Roku OS
1. Make sure your Philips Roku TV has an active internet connection.
2. From your Roku home screen, go to the Streaming Channels option in the menu.
3. Next, Click Search Channels in the Channel Store.
4. Search for HBO Max and click on the HBO Max Channel from the search result.
5. Click Add Channel in the App info screen.
6. When the installation gets over, select Go to Channel to launch HBO Max, and an Activation code appears on the TV screen.
7. Further, from any browser, visit the HBO Max Activation website.
8. Enter the HBO Max Activation code and tap Next.
9. Login with the HBO Max Account credentials.
10. Now, you can watch your favorite shows and movies on the Philips TV HBO Max app.
Related: How to Install and Watch HBO Max on Apple TV
How to Watch HBO Max on Philips Smart TV Via Casting
HBO Max app has the cast option by default. So you can screencast the titles on your Philips Smart TV from your Android or iOS smartphones. Follow the step-by-step guidelines to cast HBO Max content on your TV.
1. Initially, connect your Philips Smart TV and your Smartphone under the same WIFI network connection.
2. On your smartphone, launch the HBO Max app.
If you don’t have the HBO Max app, download it from
3. Sign in to your account using the necessary credentials.
4. Select the content that you want to cast on your TV.
5. On the top right corner of the screen, click on the Cast icon.
6. Select Philips Smart TV’s name from the device list to establish the connection on the pop-up menu.
7. Once the devices are connected, you can watch on your Philips Smart TV.
HBO Max Not Working on Philips Smart TV: Causes & Fixes
The problem may be due to outdated Philips TV firmware, any technical glitches or minor bugs, low and unstable internet connection, corrupted cookies, and caches. In addition, server-side issues, or may the HBO Max server is down, outdated HBO Max app, incompatible device, etc., are the other possible causes for HBO Max not working on your Philips Smart TV. You can efficiently resolve the issue by using the following troubleshooting methods.
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Philips Smart TV
Follow the eight troubleshooting methods below to fix the HBO Max app on Philips TV not working.
- Check your internet connection
- Clear the cookies and caches
- Disable the third-party apps
- Check HBO Max server is down
- Update the HBO Max app
- Restart your device
- Check whether your TV is compatible
- Update the Philips TV Firmware
These are the potential troubleshooting methods to fix the problem that occurred while streaming HBO Max on Philips TV. You can even install and stream Netflix on Philips Smart TV to stream the best of originals, movies, and shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
It may be due to internet connectivity issues in most cases. Otherwise, you should check if the log details you entered are correct. Try updating the smart TV and the HBO Max app with the latest version or uninstall and reinstall it.
Yes. The ad-supported plan is $9.99/month, and the ad-free plan comes at $14.99/month.
Yes. You can screencast HBO Max on the Roku screen from a smartphone or PC.
Yes. You can install and stream HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV.
Yes. You can watch HBO Max on smart TVs, including Android, Chromecast, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Sony TV, Roku, LG Smart TV, Vizio TV, etc.