Sometimes, people will struggle to access foreign content on their Apple TV. You might think it occurs because of some software glitch. But it is not so. You have to change the location on your Apple TV in order to access the geo-restricted contents. Some streaming platform offers geo-restricted content and even some platforms are available only in the selected countries. To access those streaming platforms, you have to spoof your location on Apple TV.
How to Change Location on Apple TV
1. Open Settings on Apple TV.
2. Go to General.
3. Tap on Region and select your current region.
How to Change Apple TV Using iTunes
By using iTunes, you can change the Apple TV 3rd Gen and 4th Gen location. For that, you need to sign in with the same Apple ID on both iTunes and Apple TV.
1. Open the iTunes app on your PC and go to Settings.
2. Select the iTunes Store.
3. Click on Change Country or Region.
4. Choose your current region and update it.
If the location is not updated on your Apple TV, sign out of your Apple ID and sign in again. To do so,
1. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
2. Click on your Apple ID.
3. Sign out of your current account.
4. Then, sign in again.
How to Change Apple TV Location with VPN
Apple TV does not support any VPN software by default. So alternatively, we have to install a VPN on our home router. Connecting your home router to the VPN software is one of the ways to change the location on Apple TV. VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN can be integrated into routers.
1. Open your web browser and login into your router’s dashboard.
2. Once you log in, you can find the options to set up the VPN Connection. The setup process may vary depending on the VPN provider and router model.
3. If not, there is an option to replace the router’s firmware with one of the supported VPNs. You can also contact your ISPs to set up the VPN connection.
4. After changing the router’s connection, connect your Apple TV to the WiFi and access geo-restricted content.
How to Use a DNS Proxy to Change the Location on Apple TV
DNS Proxy is another way that we can consider changing the location on Apple TV. DNS requests are sent to the Internet Service Provider(ISP) of the country where you are located. Many streaming sites verify the origin of the DNS to verify the location of the user. Apple TV contains in-build support for custom DNS servers. So, we have to change the DNS Servers in order to activate our new location.
Change DNS Server on Apple TV [3rd Generation]
1. Go to the Settings menu and click General.
2. Choose the Network option and select WiFi or Ethernet.
3. Tap on Configure DNS followed by Manual.
4. Then, enter the DNS address.
5. Finally, restart your device to save the changes.
Change DNS Server on Apple TV [4th Generation]
1. On the Apple TV main menu, go to Settings and choose Network.
2. Select the Configure DNS and click Manual.
3. Enter the DNS Address and restart your Apple TV.
That’s it. With this, you can change location on Apple TV. You can also change the location by resetting Apple TV.
Yes, you can have two separate Apple IDs in different locations.
By changing the location on Apple TV, you can get to watch Apple TV from different countries.