Some people will opt to see the shows from abroad through the Firestick. However, there are lots of times in which the movies and shows go unavailable. In other words, some apps and content from the Firestick are region-blocked. Firestick, by default, brings you titles based on the default location, the place where you registered your Firestick. To unblock the geo-restrictions, you should change your default location on your Firestick. So, you should know how to change your location on your Firestick to take advantage of streaming your favorite titles without geo-restrictions.
How to Change your Location on Firestick
We can change the location on Fire TV using two methods. These two methods are very simple and effective. The methods are as follows:
- Change location within the Firestick.
- Change location on Firestick using a VPN.
- Using Amazon Account
Change Location Within the Firestick
This method will only work for the Firestick registered areas.
1. Click Settings on the Firestick Home Page. You can quickly access the settings option by holding the home button on your remote.
2. Click the Preference option.
3. Now, tap on Location.
4. Then, enter your zip code or postcode for the country you want to connect.
Change Location Using a VPN
Installing the VPN is one of the safest and best ways to change the location on Firestick or any device. There are so many VPN options that are available in the market. While there are lots of best VPNs for Firestick exists, ExpressVPN on Firestick is the most used option.
1. Navigate to the Firestick Home Page.
2. Click on the Find Tab.
3. Use the Search tile to look for ExpressVPN and wait for the search results to appear.
4. Click on the ExpressVPN tab.
5. Download the VPN by clicking the Get or Download option.
6. After downloading, click Open to launch the ExpressVPN.
7. Sign in by giving your email id and password.
8. Click Ok to set up the installed VPN.
9. Choose the location that you want to register. It will include both the cities and countries.
10. Finally, Turn on your VPN.
Change Location through Amazon Account
You can change the Firestick location using this method with your existing Amazon account.
1. Firstly, Sign in to your Amazon account.
2. Click on Accounts and List. It is located at the top right side of the screen.
3. In the drop-down list, select Content & Devices.
4. And then, go to the Preference Tab.
5. Tap on Change Button under the Country & Region Settings.
6. Type the required information.
7. Click the Update button after feeding all the required information.
These are the different ways in which you can change the location on Firestick. By doing so, you will not be restricted to stream location-specific titles. Also, the feature is helpful to those who travel more and take Firestick along for entertainment needs.
If you can’t access the settings menu, just hold back the right buttons on your Firestick TV remote for about 10 seconds. This will bring up the reset screen. You can access the settings option after resetting your device.
Yes. But you have to change your location on Firestick before using it.
Preference Section >> Privacy >> Turn Off the Device Usage Settings & Collect App Usage Data.
Yes, Firestick works internationally. But it has some limitations.
Yes. Amazon devices like Firestick pinpoints your exact location and tracks your data.