- Stremio is a Chromecast-compatible app.
- Android: Open Stremio → Log in → Select a video → Tap Cast icon → Click your Chromecast.
- PC: Install Stremio → Open Google Chrome → Tap the three-dotted icon → Cast → Select Chromecast → Sources → Cast Desktop → Launch Stremio.
Stremio is a popular media center application like Kodi. This app lets you watch movies, TV shows, and live TV channels. In addition, it allows users to listen to podcasts. You can stream content on Stremio by installing the add-ons. With a user-friendly interface and an extensive library of interesting content, Stremio is a go-to destination for everyone looking to stream videos for free. Stremio is a cast-supported application. With this feature, you can cast the Stremio app on your Chromecast built-in TV from your smartphone or computer. If you don’t have a Chromecast built-in TV, set up a Chromecast device with your TV and cast the Stremio content from your device.
Note: Stremio app is unavailable in the App Store of iPhone, iPad, and Mac. So, you can cast the Stremio content only using an Android phone or Windows PC.
How to Chromecast Stremio using Android Smartphone
1. Ensure that the Chromecast device and your Android smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Stremio app on your smartphone.
- If you don’t already have it, get the Stremio app from the Play Store.
3. Log in to your Stremio account.
4. Select the video you want to Chromecast and click on the Cast icon.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Once the connection is established, the Stremio video will be cast on your TV.
How to Chromecast Stremio using a PC
1. Download the latest version of the Stremio app from the website.
2. Install the downloaded installer file on your PC.
3. Click Allow access in the Windows Defender alert box to allow Stremio internet access.
4. You can either sign up for a new account or log in if you already have a Stremio account.
5. Once signed in, launch the Chrome browser on your computer and hit the three-dotted menu icon in the top right corner.
6. Click the Cast option in the menu
7. Further, click the drop-down icon next to the Sources menu and select Cast Desktop.
8. Select your Chromecast device and select the Share button to mirror the PC screen.
9. Minimize the Chrome browser and open the Stremio app.
10. Play any content on the Stremio app and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Features of Stremio
Stremio is unlike other media centers, as you will find the interesting features below.
- It supports playing magnetic links, HTTP links, and torrent files.
- Users can browse for titles under genres, categories, ratings, etc.
- It lets you continue watching those unfinished movies or videos from where you left off.
- You will get recommendations based on your viewing history.
- You can organize your video library by alphabetical order or date with one click.
- It supports calendar visualization, and you will never miss the upcoming movies or series on Stremio.
- Despite being open-source software, Stremio is completely safe to use
How to Fix Stremio Not Working on Chromecast Issue
If you get a black screen or any issues while using Stremio, you shall try the fixes below.
- Force close the app on your phone. It will fix any temporary glitches. Launch the app and check if you can use Stremio.
- Using stable internet or WIFI on your phone or PC is important.
- You can hard reboot your Android phone and check if the issue is resolved.
- Try to update the Stremio app on your phone with the latest version.
- If the problem persists, you shall uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Then, restart your Chromecast device and try casting Stremio again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast the Stremio app from Android smartphones, and it works with all types of Chromecast.
Yes, you can install Stremio on Google TV from the Play Store.
You shall restart the app on your phone and check if the issue is fixed. If not, you shall uninstall and reinstall the app. The same fixes will resolve Stremio Chromecast no video issue.
Yes. With the latest version of Stremio, you will get subtitle support.