- Jailbreak Switch using hbmenu: Download hbmenu on PC > Connect SD card to PC > Extract the Zip file > Insert SD card to Switch > Connection Settings > DNS Server > Enter IP address > Install > Restart Nintendo Switch > Install apps or games.
- Via Google: On Switch, Setup Nintendo Switch go to Switch > System Settings > Internet Settings > WIFI > DNS Settings > Manual > Primary DNS > Enter DNS > OK > Save. Select Switch Bru DNS > Continue > Launch Chrome > Add apps.
If you are a Nintendo Switch user, you will encounter many limitations. Though the console has internet connectivity, you can’t access some specified URLs. i.e., Switch restricts users from modifying device settings and accessing older game titles. To overcome these limitations, users may look for ways to jailbreak their Nintendo Switch consoles.
If you successfully jailbreak your Nintendo Switch console, you can use it without restrictions. Whether you want to customize the software to add features or run additional games or prefer using older titles on the switch, you can jailbreak or mod your device. It is to note that not all the Nintendo Switch supports jailbreaking, and the process involves risks.
What is Jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking refers to a process that will remove all the software restrictions imposed by the developers. Many smart device brands won’t support jailbreaking, as it is considered an illegal process. That being said, you are the owner of your device. You can do anything and everything on the device until it is not disturbing other people.
If you are frustrated with the restrictions, you can jailbreak the device to unlock new possibilities and install unsupported apps. So, upon jailbreaking, you can even get Kodi on Nintendo Switch.
How to Jailbreak Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Consoles
Homebrew launcher is the best tool to crack your Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, the tool will work on Nintendo Switch 3.0 software. If you are using a lower version, upgrade it to 3.0. If you are using later versions of 3.0, you can’t jailbreak the device. You can’t downgrade a software version in Nintendo Switch.
1. As a first step, download the nx-hbmenu_v2.0.0.zip file from GitHub’s Switchbrew website on your PC. https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.0.0.
2. Extract the zip file on your PC and copy-paste the hubmenu.nro file to a micro SD card.
3. Now, insert the micro SD card into the Nintendo Switch console.
4. Navigate to the Connection Settings on your console and choose DNS Server.
5. When the pop-up comes, enter the manual IP 188.8.131.52. It will run a connection test.
6. After that, click the Install button.
7. If it is successfully installed, restart your Nintendo Switch console.
8. Repeat steps 4 & 5. If you get 2000-1337 on your console, the jailbreaking is completed successfully. If not, try again from step 1.
9. Now, you can install any apps and games on Nintendo Switch consoles without any limitations.
10. You can download the apps from the Switchbrew website.
Download the apk file from the website on your PC and move it to the SD card. Insert the SD card into your console and install the downloaded apk file.
With these ten simple steps, you can jailbreak your Nintendo Switch console and install any apps.
How to Jailbreak Nintendo Switch & Switch Lite Via Settings on Google
The process of jailbreaking the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite with the Settings to use Google is long. So, we have split the entire procedure into two parts.
Setup Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite
1. Firstly, turn on your Nintendo Switch and ensure to connect it to a WIFI.
2. Choose System Settings and highlight the Internet.
3. Now, click on Internet Settings and choose your WIFI.
4. Hover to DNS Settings and select Manual, and set it as primary DNS.
5. Enter the DNS as 045.055.142.122 and press OK. Finally, select Save to link the device to this network.
Get Google Browser on Nintendo Switch & Switch Lite
1. With Switch connected to the network, register the device to use the network and select Next.
2. Go ahead to choose Switch Bru DNS and click Continue on the Google Search engine.
3. With this, you shall launch the Google search engine on Nintendo Switch.
4. You shall start to browse for the Switch and add apps or games.
How to Terminate Connection on Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite
At any moment after jailbreaking Nintendo Switch, if you don’t want to use it, you shall revert the settings.
1. Go to System Settings on Nintendo Switch home.
2. Select Internet to select Internet Settings and choose WIFI Connection.
3. Select Change Settings and choose DNS Settings.
4. Now, choose Automatic and get back to Nintendo Switch home.
FYI: If you have any apps that you no longer use on your Switch, you shall delete games on Nintendo Switch to free up some space.
Pros and Cons of Jailbreaking Nintendo Switch
Jailbreaking is a user-decided process. You can jailbreak the device, but it has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- You can remove all the software limitations and restrictions.
- You can change all the settings and customize them to your preferences.
- By jailbreaking, you can install apps and games that are supported before.
- You can use the device to its full potential.
- Jailbreaking is not a guaranteed process. It may or may not work, this depends on your past usage and the current working conditions of your Switch.
- The jailbroken device can’t be replaced by warranty claims. Once it is jailbroken, you will be on your own to repair the device.
- If a jailbreaking process is stopped midway, you can’t get any assistance from anyone.
- Jailbreaking the Nintendo Switch consoles is against Nintendo’s Terms & Conditions and is considered illegal.
What Nintendo Switch Models Support Mod?
You cannot mod all the Nintendo Switch. To find which one supports modding, you should know the serial number of the device. To find it out, you shall look at the sticker under the Switch. Optionally, you shall navigate to System >> Serial Number.
|XAW1||XAW10000000000 to XAW10074000000||Unpatched & Moddable|
|XAW10074000000 to XAW10120000000||Patched|
|XAW10120000000 and up||Patched & Unmoddable|
|XAW4||XAW70000000000 to XAW70017800000||Unpatched & Moddable|
|XAW70017800000 to XAW70030000000||Patched|
|XAW70030000000 and up||Patched & Unmoddable|
|XAJ1||XAJ10000000000 to XAJ10020000000||Unpatched & Moddable|
|XAJ10020000000 to XAJ10030000000||Patched|
|XAJ10030000000 and up||Patched & Unmoddable|
|XAJ4||XAJ40000000000 to XAJ40046000000||Unpatched & Moddable|
|XAJ40046000000 to XAJ40060000000||Patched|
|XAJ40060000000 and up||Patched & Unmoddable|
|XAJ7||XAJ70000000000 to XAJ70040000000||Unpatched & Moddable|
|XAJ70040000000 to XAJ70050000000||Patched|
|XAJ70050000000 and up||Patched & Unmoddable|
|XKW1, XKJ1, XJW1, & XWW1||All the consoles||Patched & Unmoddable|
That was all about Nintendo Switch jailbreak, and you can take advantage of adding apps from third-party sources. The same process will jailbreak your Switch. If the process is not successful, delete all the jailbreak-related files and use the console in a normal way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can hack the Nintendo Switch Lite models.
You can follow the same procedure in this section to jailbreak Switch Lite.
To hack Nintendo Switch parental controls, go to System Settings >> select Parental Controls >> enter the system PIN >> press X >> choose OK to reset and remove the parental controls.
Yes. You can jailbreak the Switch v1.