Nintendo Switch is the best video gaming console that can be used for three various purposes such as TV Mode, Tablet Mode, and Handheld Mode. The eShop card is nothing but a gift card purchased online or bought manually. It is a perfect gift for those who love playing games on Nintendo Switch that ranges anything between new or classic and indie games. By redeeming the code in Nintendo Switch using the eShop card, you can add funds to your Nintendo Account, or you can add the gift while you are purchasing a digital game on Nintendo Switch. You can redeem the Nintendo eShop card whenever required, and there is no expiry for the digital code.
How To Redeem Nintendo eShop Card
If you aren’t sure of how to use the Nintendo eShop gift card, then there are two different ways. By redeeming your Nintendo Switch gift card, you can take advantage of your favorite game instantly.
- You can redeem the gift card using the Nintendo website.
- Redeem the Nintendo eShop gift card using the Nintendo Switch gaming console.
Tip: It is important to keep your Nintendo Switch Controllers charged to continue playing for a long time.
How To Redeem Nintendo eShop Card Using Nintendo Website
Quick Guide: Open any browser >> Nintendo’s game store >> Buy digital >> Enter User name and Password >> OK >> Nintendo eShop Card >> Enter the 16-digit code >> Add funds >> Purchase.
(1) Open any browser on your mobile or PC.
(2) Search for Nintendo’s game store and select the website to launch it.
(3) Select a game and click on the option Buy digital in it.
(4) It will ask you the enter your User name and Password for the account you have to buy the game.
(5) After entering the Nintendo Switch username and password, select the option OK.
(6) Now, it will be taking you to the payment option. Make sure the Nintendo eShop Card option is available.
(7) Select the Nintendo eShop Card option and enter the 16-digit code number in it.
- If you have purchased the eShop card using Amazon or Best Buy, you will receive the code as an email. Check your registered email address.
- If the eShop card is purchased manually, you should scratch the card on the back side to reveal the 16-digit code.
(8) Select the Add funds button.
(9) Not all gift cards cover the entire purchase of digital games. So, you need to pay the rest of the amount to complete the transaction. You can pay the balance amount by credit card or PayPal.
(10) After completing the payment, select the option Purchase to buy the game.
(11) The game will be available on the Nintendo Switch console when you turn it on next time.
Try This Way!
(1) From a browser, visit ec.nintendo.com/redeem/#/ using the address bar.
(2) Click the Sign in button to provide the Nintendo Account login details. Select Sign in again.
(3) Now, enter the 16-digit download code and choose Next.
(4) When prompted, input the Nintendo Account password and click on the Redeem option.
(5) Wait for the confirmation email to be sent to your registered email address.
How To Redeem a Nintendo eShop Card using Nintendo Switch
Quick Guide: Turn ON Nintendo Switch > Select game > Proceed to Purchase > Nintendo eShop Card > Enter 16-digit code > Add > OK > Required Amount > Password > OK > Add Funds to Purchase > Close.
(1) Turn on and set up your Nintendo Switch, and select the Nintendo eShop option.
(2) Now, select the game which you need to buy.
(3) Select Proceed to Purchase.
(4) On the payment page, check if the Nintendo eShop Card option is available.
(5) Select the option Nintendo eShop Card and Enter the 16-digit code number in it.
- If purchased using Amazon or Best Buy, look for the code on your email-id.
- If purchased manually, scratch the card at the back side, and the 16-digit code number will be available.
(6) Now, select the option Add. The amount on the eShop card will add your account now.
(7) A pop-up screen will be displayed before you show the amount on the eShop card. Click on OK to continue the process.
(8) Not all gift cards cover the entire purchase of digital games. Hence, you will need to pay the rest of the amount to complete the transaction by credit card or PayPal.
(9) Now, the eShop will ask for the amount you need to be added, or select the Required Amount Only to cover the required amount.
(10) Enter the Password.
(11) After entering the password, click on OK to continue.
(12) Select Add Funds to Purchase to confirm your payment.
(13) After making the payment, click on Close, and the game will download on the Switch.
Now that you know how to redeem the Nintendo eShop card online and eShop. The eShop card balance can be shared with Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite, OLED models, etc.
Frequently asked questions
(1) Open the Nintendo eShop.
(2) Scroll down and select the option Add funds.
(3) Enter the 16-digit Redeem code in the box.
(4) And select OK to add the amount to your account.
In simple words, you cannot redeem the Nintendo Switch eShop gift card without using any codes. To redeem anything on the Nintendo Switch, you must need a 16-digit code to do it.
The steps discussed in the above section work to redeem the code. However, you will receive the activation code over your email.
You can redeem the gift card either online or on eShop.
Yes. You can redeem the eShop card online.
If you can’t redeem the Nintendo eShop code or code, it means the code has already been used. Sometimes, the issue may be due to incorrect activation of the eShop card.