Nintendo Switch is one of the biggest gaming companies in the world, and it is a popular video gaming console with a unique design. If you have got a Nintendo Switch recently or if you need another account, you will need to create a Nintendo Account. Without creating a Nintendo account, you cant use Nintendo’s eShop, buy and delete Nintendo games, watch videos, access the sample demos, etc. In addition to gaming consoles and PC, Xbox Live can be accessed on Nintendo Switch. For that, you need to link or sign in to your Microsoft account on Nintendo Switch via Minecraft.
How to Sign in to Microsoft Account on Nintendo Switch
Quick Guide: Go to eShop >> Search Minecraft >> Download >> Sign In with Microsoft Account >> Sign in for free >> Log In >> Verification code >> Verify email address >> Password >> Lets Play!.
To sign in to your Microsoft Account on Nintendo Switch, follow the procedure given below.
1. Power on your Nintendo Switch and go to eShop.
2. In the Search bar, type Minecraft. Select Minecraft tile from the search results.
3. Download and install the Minecraft app on your Nintendo Switch.
4. Open the Minecraft game on your device and tap the Sign in with a Microsoft Account button on the bottom left corner of the screen
5. Tap on the Sign in for Free! option to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. Visit the Microsoft login page on your PC or Smartphone.
7. Enter the eight-digit code shown on your Nintendo Switch and tap the Next button.
8. Enter the registered email address of your Microsoft account.
To Create a Microsoft Account
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, then follow the steps to create one.
- Click No account? Create One! hyperlink.
- Enter the email address. You can use an existing email address or create a new Microsoft account by tapping on the Get a new email address option.
- Now create a strong password for your Microsoft account and click on the Next button.
- Once you have created your account, you will get a confirmation code on your registered email address.
- Enter the four-digit code and click Next.
- On the next screen, you need to enter your first name and last name in the respective fields. Click Next again.
- Now, you need to add your location and date of birth using the drop-down option. Tap on the Next button again.
- The final process is to solve a puzzle to prove that you are not a robot. After solving the puzzle, click Next again. Your new Microsoft account is ready to use now.
- Tap Yes on the next screen to keep your account logged in.
- Enter your Nintendo Switch Gamertag and tap on the Let’s Play! button on the bottom.
9. Enter the Microsoft account password.
10. Finally, tap the Sign in button at the bottom.
11. Click Let’s Play! option to start playing on your Nintendo Switch.
For any valid reason, the users can unlink their Nintendo Account from the Switch.
How to Fix Microsoft Login Issue on Minecraft
If you can’t log in to your Minecraft account on Microsoft, follow the procedure given below to fix the login issues.
1. Open the Minecraft games main menu.
2. Navigate to the Settings option.
3. Now, click on your Profile button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Select Sign into Microsoft profile with your registered email address and password.
5. Note down the link that appears on the Nintendo Switch screen.
6. Visit the link (that you have noted down from the screen) either on your computer or smartphone.
7. Enter the Unique code on the required field.
8. Tap Done to complete the process.
Once the process is completed, you can now link your game to your Microsoft account on your Nintendo Switch.
That’s it, You have connected to Minecraft with an Xbox Live Profile (Microsoft Account). Now you can play with your Xbox users online. You can explore some of the best games on Nintendo like Mario, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and more.
You can subscribe with an Xbox subscription plan. Xbox Live Gold subscription costs $9.99 per month, $25 for 3 months, and $60 for one year. To take it on Xbox One, you need the Gold membership. But still, you can enjoy free membership on Windows 10 and Nintendo Switch. However, if you really want to take a break from playing games, you can delete your Nintendo switch account.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can log in to your Microsoft Account on Nintendo Switch by downloading the Minecraft app from the Nintendo eShop.
Go to game settings and then select Game. Click on the Configure Online Play option and finally tap the Sign Out option. You are now removed your Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch.