- Volume Button: Press Volume Button → Voice Guide Settings → Turn Off.
- Accessibility Settings: Go to Settings → Click General → Tap Accessibility → Voice Guide Settings → Turn Off.
- Samsung Smart TV (2014-2018 Models): Press the Menu button → Click System → Accessibility → Voice Guide → Turn Off.
- Samsung Smart TV (2008-2013 Models): Press the Menu button → Tap Sound or Sound Mode → Click Broadcast → Tap Audio Language → Select English AD → Click English.
Samsung TV is an affordable Smart TV packed with plenty of streaming apps. In addition, you can add any app on Samsung TV from the Samsung App Store. One of the notable features of Samsung TV is the Voice Guide. This feature is mainly introduced for visually impaired people. By enabling this feature, the TV will narrate everything displayed on the screen, including options, volume, description of movies, channel number, etc. Voice Guide is one of the accessibility features that can be turned On or Off anytime. If you’re looking for the steps to disable the voice guide on Samsung TV, this guide is for you. The procedures to turn Off the voice guide varies depending on the Samsung Smart TV model you own.
How to Turn Off Voice Guide on Samsung Smart TV [Volume Button]
(1) Power On your Samsung Smart TV.
(2) Long-press the Volume button on the Samsung TV remote until a menu pops up.
(3) Look for the option Voice Guide Settings and turn it Off.
How to Disable Voice Guide on Samsung Smart TV [Accessibility]
(1) On your Samsung Smart TV home screen, click Settings.
(2) Under Settings, choose the option, General.
(3) Scroll down and select Accessibility.
(4) From the Accessibility Settings, choose Voice Guide Settings and disable it.
How to Disable Voice Guide via Voice Commands
You can also use the Voice command to turn off the Voice Guide on your Samsung Smart TV.
(1) Long press the Microphone button on your Samsung TV remote.
(2) Simply say, “turn off the voice guide” or “disable the Voice guide.”
(3) Now, the voice guide will be turned Off.
Turn Off Bixby on Samsung TV
You can also disable the Bixby voice assistant on your Samsung TV. To do it, refer to the steps below.
(1) Navigate to Settings on your Samsung TV.
(2) Locate and select the option General.
(3) Tap Bixby Voice Settings and navigate to the option Voice response on the left pane.
(4) Select Off to disable the voice assistant on Samsung TV.
How to Turn Off Voice Guide on Older Models of Samsung TV
If you have older models of Samsung TVs, the procedures to disable the voice guide on Samsung TVs are completely different from the steps discussed above. To disable the voice guide, follow the steps below.
Samsung Smart TV (2014-2018 Models)
(2) Press the Menu button (123 buttons) on your Samsung TV remote.
(3) On the Menu screen, click the option System.
(4) Under System, select Accessibility.
(5) Tap the Voice Guide option and turn it Off.
Samsung Smart TV (2008-2013 Models)
Audio Description is one of the features built on Samsung Smart TVs 2008-2013 models. To disable it, refer to the steps below.
(1) Press the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote and click Sound or Sound Mode.
(2) Select the Broadcast option and tap Audio Language.
(3) Navigate to the option English AD and change it to English to disable the audio description on Samsung TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main cause of this issue is minor bugs and temporary malfunction. If you can’t turn off the voice guide on your Samsung TV, restart or update your Samsung TV and try disabling the voice guide.
There are different ways to turn Off the voice guide on Samsung TV. The easiest way to disable the voice guide is by using the Voice assistant Bixby.
To disable the Voice assistant on Samsung TV, go to Settings → General → Bixby Voice Settings → Voice Response → Tap Off.
If you have enabled the audio description or voice guide feature on your Samsung Smart TV, the TV will narrate about the things displayed on the screen.