MXQ Pro 4K is an Android Box that runs on an Amlogic s905 CPU with Quad-core ARM. Like any other Android device, MXQ Pro 4K gets firmware updates occasionally. So, it is essential to check if there is any update for the MXQ Box. Above all, you need to update MXQ Pro firmware for better performance.
Since MXQ Pro is based on Amlogic, there is no direct way to update the box. You need to update the MXQ Box using Amlogic USB Burning, a firmware updating tool on the PC. This article will teach you the steps to update the MXQ Pro 4K firmware to the latest version. Before jumping into the steps, ensure you fulfill the requirements mentioned below.
- Windows PC.
- USB to USB cable.
- Amlogic USB Burning Tool installed on PC.
- Pin or toothpick to press the Reset button.
As of September 6, 2022, MXQ Pro 4K models support Android 11.1, and you should update the firmware to access the latest features. Those getting the latest MXQ Pro 5G Android TV Box will get the updated firmware.
How to Update MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box [USB Burning Tool]
Updating the device is simple as you download the apps on MXQ Pro 4K. Follow the steps below if you want to update the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box firmware to the latest version.
(1) Open the browser of your choice on your Windows PC.
(2) Visit https://bit.ly/2UzImFF and download the latest MXQ Pro 5G firmware/software.
(3) Connect one end of the USB cable to the Windows PC and the other end to the MXQ Pro 5G Android TV Box.
(4) Use the pin or toothpick to press and hold the reset button of MXQ Pro located inside the AV port.
- You should continue holding the reset button for about 10 seconds.
(5) Now, click the Amlogic USB Burning Tool on your PC from the download location.
(6) On the setup wizard, you must select Next in all the windows.
(7) The USB Burning tool will be installed and opened up on your PC.
- If you see a different language, click the second (View) option in the menu bar to select English.
(8) The following window will appear if the Android TV Box MXQ Pro 4K box is correctly connected to the PC.
(9) Hover on the File menu to select the Import image option. Then, upload the MXQ firmware update file.
(10) Navigate to the right side and un-check the Overwrite Key checkbox under Configuration.
(11) Then press the Start button to start the update process.
- You will find the downloading progress under Status.
(12) Wait until the firmware updation process is complete. Once done, click the Stop button.
(13) Release the RESET button after the update is completed. Now, disconnect the MXQ Pro device from the PC and connect it to the TV.
Benefits of Updating MXQ Pro 4K Firmware
There are lots of benefits you will get out of the MXQ Pro 4K firmware update, and they are listed below.
- With the latest version, you will get access to the new features.
- The new update might improve your MXQ Pro 4K 5G performance.
- The software stability will improve, and the outdated features will be removed.
- You might get an improved user experience with the latest MXQ 4k Pro firmware update.
It is highly recommended to check for the MXQ Pro 4 K’s latest firmware update and do it regularly to never miss out on the new features. If you want to tweak the device settings to the fullest, you shall jailbreak the MXQ Pro 4K Box.
Frequently Asked Questions
If there is an issue with the firmware, then MXQ Pro will bring in such an issue. To resolve this, you must download ROM firmware to flash the device.
Make sure your internet connection is stable and is more than 20mbps. Check if the box is functioning properly. If the issue persists, then reset MXQ Pro.
This may be due to the issue with the Amlogic USB Burning Tool. Close and relaunch the app again. If the problem continues, uninstall and reinstall the Amlogic USB Burning Tool on your PC.
Yes. You will get Kodi on the MXQ Pro 4K + Android TV box with version 16.0.