- To Update MXQ Pro 4K: Open a browser >> Visit MXQ Pro website >> Download MXQ Pro software >> Connect PC & MXQ Pro via USB >> Reset MXQ Pro >> Click Amlogic USB Buring Tool on PC >> Tap Next >> Click View >> Select File >> Tap Import Image >> Click Overwrite Key >> Select Start.
Android is the most user-friendly OS to use on smartphones and smart TV. Compared to Android’s built-in smart TV, Android boxes are a much more affordable option. MXQ Pro 4K is one such Android Box that has been around for years. This streaming media player runs on an Amlogic s905 CPU with Quad-core ARM. You will get the stock OS on the MXQ Pro upon buying it. Like any other Android device, MXQ Pro gets firmware updates once in a while. So, it is essential to check if there is any update for MXQ Box. Above all, you need to update MXQ Pro firmware for better performance.
Since MXQ Pro is based on Amlogic, there is no direct way to update the box. You need to update MXQ Box using Amlogic USB Burning, a firmware updating tool. As of September 6, 2022, MXQ Pro 4K models support Android 11.1, and you should update the firmware to access the latest features. Those getting the latest MXQ Pro 5G Android TV Box will get the updated firmware.
- Windows PC.
- USB to USB cable.
- Amlogic USB Burning Tool installed on PC.
- Pin or toothpick to press the reset button.
How to Update MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box [USB Burning Tool]
Updating the device is simple as you download the apps on MXQ Pro 4K. Follow the below-given steps if you want to update the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box firmware to the latest version.
(1) Open the browser of your choice on your Windows PC.
(2) Visit https://bit.ly/2UzImFF and download the latest MXQ Pro 5G firmware/software.
(3) Connect one end of the USB cable to the Windows PC and the other end to the MXQ Pro 5G Android TV Box.
(4) Use the pin or toothpick to press and hold the reset button of MXQ Pro located inside the AV port.
- You should continue holding the reset button for about 10 seconds.
(5) Now, click on the Amlogic USB Burning Tool on your PC from the download location.
(6) On the setup wizard, you must select Next in all the windows.
(7) The USB Burning tool will open up on your PC.
- If you see a different language, then click on the second (View) option in the menu bar to select English.
(8) The following window will appear if the Android TV Box MXQ Pro 4K box is correctly connected to the PC.
(9) Hover on the File menu to select the Import image option.
(10) Navigate to the right side and un-check the Overwrite Key checkbox under Configuration.
(11) Then press the Start button to start the update process.
- You will find the downloading progress under Status.
(12) Wait until the firmware updation process to complete. Once done, click on the Stop button.
Benefits of Updating MXQ Pro 4K Firmware
There are lots of benefits you will get out of the MXQ Pro 4k firmware update, and they are listed down.
- With the latest version, you will get access to the new features.
- The new update might improve your MXQ Pro 4K 5G performance.
- The software stability will improve, and the outdated features will be removed.
- You might get an improved user experience with the latest MXQ 4k Pro firmware update.
It is highly recommended to check for the MXQ Pro 4K latest firmware update and do it regularly to never miss out on the new features. If you want to tweak the device settings to the fullest, you shall jailbreak MXQ Pro 4K Box.
Frequently Asked Questions
If there is an issue with the firmware, then MXQ Pro will bring in such an issue. To resolve this, you must download ROM firmware to flash the device.
Make sure your internet connection is stable and is more than 20mbps. Check if the box is functioning properly. If the issue persists, then restart MXQ Pro.
Yes. You will get Kodi on the MXQ Pro 4K + Android TV box with version 16.0.