- On Windows 10 : Open Microsoft App store → Click More (three dots) → Downloads and updates → Select Get Updates → Xbox Update.
- On Windows 11: Go to Microsoft Store → Click Library → Select Get Updates → Navigate to Xbox → Tap Update.
- Update Xbox Automatically: Launch Microsoft Store → Click the three-dotted icon → Select Settings → Enable Update apps automatically.
The Xbox app is a companion application developed for Xbox gaming consoles. Using Xbox app on a PC is one of the comfortable ways to play games. However, playing Xbox games on a PC leads to various errors if the software goes outdated. To avoid such incidents, you have to update the Xbox app on your PC to the latest version. You can easily update the Xbox app in the Microsoft Store on Windows PC. You can also auto-update the Xbox app by enabling the option Update apps automatically on Microsoft Store.
How to Update Your Xbox App on Windows 10
1). Tap the Search icon displayed in the taskbar at the bottom.
2). Type Microsoft Store and select the app from the search results.
3). On the Microsoft Store home screen, click the three-dotted icon.
4) Hit the option Downloads and Updates from the drop-down menu.
5) Tap Get Updates to update the apps on Windows 10.
6) Select the Pause icon for all apps except Xbox to update the app faster.
7) Once the Xbox app is updated, you can use the app without any issues.
How to Update Xbox App on Windows 11
1) Tap the Start icon on the Windows 11 PC.
2) Navigate to Microsoft Store and Open it.
3) Locate and tap the option Library.
4) Select Get Updates.
5) Go to the Xbox app and click Update to update the app on Windows 11.
How to Automatically Update the Xbox App on Windows PC
1) Open Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
2). Tap the three-dotted icon at the top-right.
3). Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4) Under App updates, click the toggle button placed near the option Update apps automatically.
5) Now, the Xbox app will be automatically updated when the PC is connected to the Internet.
How to Fix Xbox App Not Updating on Windows PC
Sometimes the Xbox update process stops at 80% or 95% and does not move further. And most of the time, the screen hangs, as given in the below image. If you are facing this type of issue, refer to the steps below.
☆ The first thing you need to do is to check for any Windows updates and update the windowsOS to the latest version.
★ Check the internet connection. Due to poor internet connectivity, the updation process will be slow.
☆ Close the Microsoft Store and open it again.
★ Pause all the app updates except Xbox to make it update faster.
☆ Cancel the Xbox update and re-update it.
★ If nothing works, restart your Windows PC and try updating again.
Other Xbox Guides:
- How to Change Xbox Gamertag
- How to Cancel Xbox Live Subscription
- How to Appear Offline on Xbox
- How To Refund a Game on Xbox
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily update the Xbox app on Windows 8 in the Microsoft Store.
★ To play Xbox games on a PC without a console, go to the Xbox Play Anywhere website on your Web browser.
☆ Sign in to your Microsoft account by providing login credentials.
★ Download and install an Xbox game on your PC with the Xbox Play Anywhere digital game license.
☆ After installation of the games, launch the game from the Microsoft Store and start playing games.