ESPN is an American-based cable TV network. It is popular for broadcasting the sports events such as NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and major soccer leagues. You don’t need cable TV to watch ESPN. You can watch ESPN live on the streaming services like Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu, DirecTV Stream, and YouTube TV. ESPN also has launched their official ESPN live streaming app with the ESPN Plus membership for their users. The app offers you to watch various sports live streaming and you can also get the notification of the score of your favorite sports by turning on the notification of your favorite game.
How To Stream ESPN Without Cable
The best streaming service to watch ESPN without cable are:
- Sling TV
- DirecTV Stream
- YouTube TV
Sling TV has three variable packages. They are,
- Sling Orange
- Sling Blue
- Sling Orange+Blue
The Sling Orange is the cheapest plan to watch ESPN without cable. The additional features of Sling Orange are
- Sling Orange is the cheapest live TV platform which costs $35 per month.
- It includes 30+ channels in it.
- Sling offers three days free trial to their new subscribers.
- It can be able to stream by one device at a time.
- It supports Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and Xbox One.
- It allows 50 hours of DVR cloud storage.
In Sling Orange, you can’t get the ESPN channel.
Sling Orange + Blue
Sling Orange + Blue is nothing but a combined version of Sling. The additional features of Sling Orange + Blue are,
- The Sling Orange + Blue costs $50 per month
- It includes 50+ channels in it.
- With Sling Orange + Blue, you can stream four devices at a time.
DirecTV Stream has four different packages. They are,
- DirecTV Stream Entertainment
- DirecTV Stream Choice
- DirecTV Stream Ultimate
- DirecTV Stream Premier
DirecTV Stream Entertainment
DirecTV Stream Entertainment includes ESPN and ESPN2. With the Entertainment plan, you will get,
- DirecTV Stream Entertainment is the basic plan of the DirecTV Stream. It costs $69.99 per month.
- It includes 65+ live channels and local TV stations in this plan.
- DirecTV Stream allows a 5-day free trial to their new subscribers.
- It can able to stream up to 20 devices at once on your home network and three devices outside of your home network.
- You can install the DirecTV app on Amazon Firestick, Android TV, Apple TV, iOS, Roku TV, and Samsung TV.
- You can get unlimited cloud DVR storage.
2. DirecTV Stream Choice
DirecTV Stream Choice includes ESPNU, ESPNews, and ESPN3. The additional features of DirecTV Stream Choice have mentioned below:
- DirecTV Stream Choice costs $89.99 per month.
- It includes 90+ live TV channels.
- Plus all the DirecTV Entertainment features.
3. DirecTV Stream Ultimate
DirecTV Stream Ultimate is similar to DirecTV Stream Choice. But the only difference is the number of channels it offers. In DirecTV Stream Ultimate, you will get 130+ live TV channels along with ESPN at 140.99 per month.
Similarly, in DirecTV Stream Premier, you will get 140+ live TV channels at $149.99 per month.
fuboTV is a popular live TV service that has mainly focused on streaming sports channels. It comes up with three different plans.
- Fubo Starter
- Fubo Pro
- Fubo Elite
Fubo Starter is the basic plan of fuboTV. It includes ESPN and ESPN 2, and NBCSN. With the Fubo Starter pack, you can watch the Bravo channel without cable. In Fubo Starter, you will get
- It comes up with all the best sports channels and costs $64.99 per month.
- Fubo Starter comes up with 90+ channels in it.
- You will have a 7-day free trial.
- It can stream up to three devices at a time.
- It supports Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS, and Roku.
- You can enjoy the 250 hours of Cloud DVR storage recordings.
2. Fubo Pro
In Fubo Pro, you will get more channels when compared to Fubo Starter. You will get 120+ channels at $69.99 per month. Fubo Elite costs $79.99 per month with 170+ channels.
Hulu offers you to watch ESPN without cable in its live TV pack. But Hulu can not be streamed anywhere. It is available only in the US territories. Hulu comes up with four different plans and ESPN is available only in two of those plans.
- Hulu (No Ads)
- Hulu + Live TV
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV
In Hulu + live TV, you can able to live stream your favorite sports, entertainment, and news channels.
- Hulu + Live TV costs $69.99 per month.
- It offers 67+ live channels, including ESPN.
- Hulu allows a 7-day free trial to their new subscribers.
- You stream up to two devices at a time.
- It supports Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
- Hulu offers only 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage recordings.
In Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, you will get uninterrupted live streaming. To get ad-free streaming, you need to pay an extra $6. the total subscription cost will be $75.99 per month.
YouTube TV is another streaming service that offers you to watch ESPN without cable, YouTube TV has only one package and it offers 85+ channels in it which cost $64.99 per month. It allows a 7-day free trial to all new users. With a single YouTube TV subscription, you can stream up to three devices at a time. YouTube TV is one of the few live TV platforms which offers unlimited DVR storage.
These are the different ways to watch ESPN without cable. Choose the live TV app based on your preferences and watch the ESPN channel.
Yes, you can use the live TV platforms to watch ESPN without a cable TV provider.
No, the ESPN channel is not included in the Amazon Prime Video Channels.
Using any of the live TV sports platforms, you can watch Monday Night Football without cable.