- Hulu is available in the App Store of Apple TV.
- Apple TV 4th Generation or later versions: Open App Store → Search for Hulu app → Click the app → Select Get → Open Hulu → Log in → Play a video.
- Apple TV 3rd Generation or earlier versions: Install Hulu on iPhone/iPad → Open Hulu → Sign in → Play any video → Select the AirPlay icon → Tap your Apple TV.
Hulu is the oldest streaming service that offers an excessive video library at an affordable price. It provides 1000+ on-demand videos along with 75+ live TV channels. You can also find popular live league games such as NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, and more. One of the best features of Hulu is the Unlimited DVR. With this feature, you can record any show on Hulu in high quality. The Hulu app is available on the app store of Apple TV 4th gen or later version. The older version of tvOS users can use the casting method to watch Hulu.
Hulu: Pricing 💰
|Hulu (Ads)||Hulu (No Ads)||Hulu + Live TV|
|$7.99/ month||$14.99/ month||$69.99/ month|
|$13.99/ month (Disney+ and ESPN Bundle)||$19.99/ month (Disney+ and ESPN Bundle)||$75.99/ month (Disney+ and ESPN Bundle)|
How to Install Hulu on Apple TV [Newer Models]
If you have Apple TV 4K or 4th Generation model, follow the below methods to install Hulu on Apple TV.
(1) Turn On your Apple TV and launch the App Store.
(2) On top of the screen, you will get options like Featured, Top Charts, and so on. Go to the Search option.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Hulu and search for the app.
(4) Select the Hulu app from the results.
(5) Hit the Get icon to install the Hulu app.
(6) For verification, it will ask your Apple ID password. Enter the password, and the app will be installed on your Apple TV.
(7) Now, open the Hulu app and sign in to your subscribed account.
(8) Finally, play your favorite movie and watch it on Apple TV.
How to Stream Hulu on AppleTV [Older Models]
As said earlier, you can’t install apps manually on Apple TV 3rd and earlier generations. You can use the AirPlay feature to cast content from Hulu mobile app to your tvOS 3rd gen or earlier version. To do it, install the Hulu app from the App Store.
(1) Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Open the Hulu app on your iOS device and log in to your account.
(3) Once signed in, play any video on the Hulu app and tap the AirPlay icon on the playback screen.
(4) It will search for nearby Apple TV devices. When your device is detected, tap on it.
(5) The video playing on the Hulu app will be displayed on your TV screen.
Hulu Not Working on Apple TV: Best Fixes!
If the installed Hulu app is not working on your tvOS, follow the below-mentioned solutions.
- Update the tvOS and the Hulu app to the latest version.
- Restart your Apple TV and try again.
- Make sure that your router is working. If not, restart the router.
- Delete the Hulu app and install the app again.
- If none of the above steps work, reset your Apple TV to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have Apple TV 4th gen or later, you can install the app from the App Store. If you have an Apple TV 3rd gen or an earlier version, you can AirPlay Hulu content from your smartphone.
You can stream all the Hulu content for free by signing up for the free trial.
Yes. Hulu has in-built AirPlay support. By using AirPlay, you can cast the content directly to your tvOS from your Hulu mobile app.