Sony Smart TV is an Android-based smart TV in which Google-made apps like Play Store, Play Music, and YouTube are pre-installed. You can install the Hulu app on your Sony Smart TV directly from the Play Store. With Hulu, you can get to watch the latest movies, TV shows, and Hulu originals right from your home without a cable TV network. Hulu has four subscription plans. Two for movies & series and the other two for live TV content. In Sony Smart TV, you can’t watch live TV content independent of your subscription.
Only the classing Hulu app is available for Sony Smart TVs. So, other services like Premium Add-ons and live TV can’t be accessed in the classic app. The classing Hulu app is available for Sony Smart TV models like Sony 4K Blu-Ray players, Sony Internet-enabled TV modes from 2012 to 2014, and Sony Android TV models from 2015 to 2018.
How to Install Hulu on Sony Smart TV
(1) On the Sony Smart TV Home screen, choose the Google Play Store app and open it.
(2) For the first time, it will ask you to accept the Google Play Terms of Service. Choose the Accept button.
(3) Now, you get the Featured apps on the Play Store. Go to the Search icon on the top.
(4) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Hulu and enter.
(5) A list of apps will appear. Choose the Hulu app.
(6) On the next screen, the Hulu app with a small description will appear. Tap on the Install button.
(7) After the process gets over, Click the Open button.
(8) Sign in with your Hulu account and watch all the Hulu originals on your Sony Smart TV.
How to Activate Hulu on Sony Smart TV
(1) Launch the Hulu app on your Sony Bravia TV.
(2) Enter the login details and with that, you will get the activation code displayed on the TV.
(3) From a PC or phone browser, you need to visit https://secure.hulu.com/activate.
(4) Provide the login details, and enter the activation code as displayed on your Sony TV screen.
(5) Click on the Activate button, and with this, Sony TV will refresh and load the Hulu app.
How to Cast Hulu from Phone to Sony Smart TV [Alternative Way]
Since Sony TV supports casting, Sling users can screen cast any titles from smartphones. The steps below will guide you with the same.
(1) Unlock your handheld and navigate to the Play Store or App Store.
(2) Search for the Hulu app using the search bar.
(3) Click on the Install or Get button to download Hulu on Android (Play Store) or iOS (App Store).
(4) Now, connect your Sony TV to the same WIFI to which your smartphone is connected.
(5) Launch the Hulu app on your TV and log in to your account if prompted.
(6) Choose any title to play and click on the Cast icon on the media player.
(7) Now, select your Sony TV from the available devices.
(8) When the connection gets established, you will find the Hulu video cast on your Sony TV.
How to Update Hulu on Sony Smart TV
(1) Go to the App section and open the Play Store app.
(2) On the Play Store, choose the My Apps option.
(3) All the installed apps will appear. Select the Hulu app.
(4) If a new update is available, the Update button will appear. Click the Update button to update the app.
(5) If there is no Update button, it means that you are using the updated version of the Hulu app.
Hulu Not Working on Sony TV: Possible Fixes
In unfortunate cases, Hulu will not work on your Sony TV, and the below fixes will save you from the issue.
- Check if the internet connection is stable.
- Clear the Hulu app’s cache and data.
- Try to relaunch the app.
- Update the app on Sony TV with the latest version.
- Uninstall and install the app on Sony TV.
- Restart the Sony TV.
- Update Sony TV firmware.
- When nothing helps resolve the issue, you shall reset your Sony TV to factory settings.
Install the classing Hulu app on your Sony Smart TV and get to watch the Hulu originals & latest movies. Make sure you are updating the Hulu app, and it will remove minor bugs and fix software issues in the Hulu app. If you want to access the Live TV content, you need to wait until the standard Hulu app is released for Sony TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may not find Hulu when your Sony Bravia isn’t compatible with the app.
When the app keeps freezing, you shall need to connect the device to a stable internet connection.
If the Hulu live TV isn’t working, you shall log out of your device and sign in again.
To log out of Hulu on Sony TV, launch the app >> Login >> Account >> Log Out.