- Using Kodi: On Xbox, click Microsoft Store > Search box > Type Kodi > choose Kodi > Get > Open > TV menu > OK > Enter Add-on Browser > PVR IPTV Simple Client > Install > Right-click > Information > Configure > General > M3U Playlist URL > Enter M3U URL > OK > EPG Settings > Restart Kodi.
- Using MyIPTV Player: On Xbox, click Apps > search MyIPTV Player > Install > Settings > Add new playlists and EPG Source > Remote Channels > Enter Playlist name > Type M3U URL > Enter username & source URL > Add EPG Source. Go to Settings > Select Playlist > Select Channel Playlist > Select EPG Source > Refresh button > Channel and EPG Settings > Channels > Choose IPTV.
Internet Protocol TV services are accessible on most smart devices, and Xbox is no exception. However, the method will not be straightforward, unlike downloading on streaming devices or handhelds. In other words, you should rely on third-party media player apps like MyIPTV Player or Kodi on Xbox consoles for using IPTV. So besides playing games, Xbox users can use their gaming console to stream IPTV channels.
In addition, you can watch movies, on-demand content, and live and non-live streams on the console itself. If you have ever wanted to try out IPTV on Xbox One or Xbox 360 gaming consoles, the section guides you through the procedure.
What is IPTV?
Internet Protocol Television or IPTV is more popular amongst those entertainment freaks. It is unlike traditional TV watching as it uses an internet connection. Most IPTVs require a strong internet connection, and you can watch almost anything by entering the M3U URL. Also, IPTVs are better alternatives if you don’t want to pay for your cable or satellite TV providers.
There are multiple ways to stream IPTV on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 gaming consoles. The section below covers the procedure for watching IPTV content using two different media players. You can also follow the guidelines below to install IPTV on Xbox Series X.
How to Install IPTV on Xbox 360/One using Kodi Media Player
Kodi Media Player is the most popular option among media players. It supports accessing IPTV channels from the Xbox consoles.
(1) On your Xbox console, navigate to the Store menu and select it.
(2) Click on the Search box and type in as Kodi.
(3) Choose Kodi when the search result appears.
(4) Tap on the Get button to start downloading Kodi on the Xbox gaming console.
(5) Click Open to launch the media player once after the installation.
(6) When on the Kodi home screen, select the TV menu available on the left pane.
(7) When a pop-up appears, click on OK to proceed.
(8) Choose Enter add-on browser button to select PVR IPTV Simple Client.
(9) Hover to click on the Install button to download the Kodi PVR addon.
(10) Once the download is complete, right-click the addon to select the Information option.
(11) To open the Settings page, select Configure button.
(12) Further, click on General to select the M3U playlist URL.
(13) Provide the M3U URL provided by the IPTV provider and press OK. Similarly, select EPG Settings to provide the EPG source URL.
(14) When prompted, choose to restart Kodi. Wait for the channels list to appear, probably after the Channels loaded message.
(15) Select the TV channel you want to access and start streaming on your Xbox.
FYI: If your gaming console isn’t working or lagging, you should try clearing the cache on Xbox One gaming consoles to improve the performance.
How to Stream IPTV on Xbox using MyIPTV Player
Xbox users can make use of MyIPTV Player to stream IPTV channels. It is officially available on the Microsoft Store for the Xbox consoles. To install IPTV, you can follow the guidelines on the Xbox lineup of consoles, including Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X.
(1) On your Xbox console, select the Apps option.
(2) Search for MyIPTV Player using the screen keys.
(3) To download it, select the Install or Get button on your gaming console.
(4) Launch the app and go to its Settings.
(5) Select Add new playlist and EPG source.
(6) Hover to the Remote channels section and click on the text field to enter the playlist name.
(7) Type in the M3U URL as your IPTV provider has given. Click on Add remote list.
(8) Now, navigate to the Program guide (EPG) to enter the username and source URL on the respective fields. Select Add EPG Source button.
(9) To configure the M3U playlist and EPG Source, get back to Settings and click the drop-down next to Select Playlist under Select channel playlist.
(10) Just refresh the EPG source and go to Select EPG source to choose your source. Press the Refresh button.
(11) Scroll down to Channel and EPG Settings to turn on both options. (Refresh remote channel list on app launch and Download EPG when data is available on the current date)
(12) Navigate back to the Home screen of MyIPTV Player to get into the Channels section to choose an IPTV channel to stream on Xbox.
Is IPTV Legal?
It is hard to predict whether IPTV service providers are legal or illegal. An IPTV is illegal if you cannot find it on the popular app stores. Further, you cannot check for the legality of each title on the IPTV. Most IPTVs fall under the grey area regarding their legal nature. If you want to protect your privacy from IPTVs, we recommend using the best IPTVs like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.
Which IPTV is Legal on Xbox?
Some popular and trusted IPTVs that work with the Xbox are listed.
- Universal IPTV
- Duplex IPTV
- IPTV Smarters
- Smart IPTV
These were the possible ways to add and stream IPTV on the Xbox x and Xbox 360 lineup of gaming consoles. While not all IPTV are illegal, we still recommend you to use a VPN to protect your privacy. If you don’t want to get into copyright infringement issues or any legal concerns, you shall choose to stream official streaming apps like Netflix, Prime Video, fuboTV, Sling TV, etc., for unlimited entertainment. Besides Xbox, you shall even stream IPTV on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can watch IPTV on Xbox Series X gaming consoles in addition to playing games.
It is a legal IPTV that you can use on the Xbox gaming consoles.
Yes. You can stream different TV channels on Xbox gaming consoles.