- Cast from Android & iOS: Install Jellyfin → Open → Click Add Server → Type Host address → Select Connect → Sign in → Cast icon → Tap your Chromecast.
- Cast from PC: Install Jellyfin → launch the app → Sign in → Cast icon → Select your Chromecast.
Jellyfin is a free software media server that allows you to collect, manage, and stream media files. Using the Jellyfin server, you can easily watch live TV and recorded videos for free. You can also share any media files using this app. Jellyfin is completely safe and secure to use. The Jellyfin app is available on Play Store and App Store. Jellyfin is a Chromecast-compatible app. If you are a Google Chromecast user, you can cast the Jellyfin app from your smartphone or PC to Chromecast-connected TV. By casting the Jellyfin app on your TV, you can stream your favorite media files on a big screen.
- Connect a Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV/monitor and set it up.
- Ensure that the casting device (smartphone or PC) and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Chromecast Jellyfin via Smartphone [Android and iOS]
 Search for the Jellyfin app and install it.
 Launch the Jellyfin app on your smartphone.
 Tap on Add Server option.
 Enter the Host address in the respective field and tap on Connect button.
 Sign in to your Jellyfin account.
 After signing in, click on the Cast icon
 From the list of devices, select your Chromecast device to cast the Jellyfin app.
 Once connected, stream any media on the Jellyfin app and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Jellyfin using PC
 Install the desktop version of Jellyfin from the official website on your Windows or Mac PC.
 Open the Jellyfin application on your PC.
 Sign in to your Jellyfin account and play any media content from the server.
 From the playback screen, click on the Cast icon.
 Select your Chromecast device.
 Now, the media content will appear on the Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Setup a Jellyfin Server
 Launch the Jellyfin application on your PC.
 Choose your desired language and tap Next to proceed further.
 Type the username and create a password. Then, select Next.
 Tap the Plus icon and upload the media files to your Jellyfin server. After uploading the files, click Next.
 Select your meta language and hit the option Next.
 Tick the checkbox placed near the option Allow remote connections to this Jellyfin Server.
 Finally, select Next to complete the process.
How to Fix Jellyfin Not Working on Chromecast
If you have any issues like Chromecast not showing on the list of devices or the Jellyfin app not casting to Chromecast, you can try the below solutions.
- Restart the Chromecast device and try again.
- Update the Jellyfin app from the App Store or App Store.
- Ensure that both the smartphone and Chromecast devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Update the Chromecast to its latest firmware.
- If none of the above steps work, reset your Chromecast device.
You can install the Jellyfin on Chromecast with Google TV from the Play Store.
Yes, the Jellyfin app is officially available in the Play Store, App Store, and Amazon Store.