MSNBC is one of the American-based new channels from NBCUniversal News coverage division. The MSNBC Channel is based out of New York that mainly features news and related shows from NBC. It also has got its own news coverage, own reporting, and political commentary on current events and affairs. You can only get the app from the Apple App Store. However, there is no dedicated MSNBC app on the Google Play Store. Thus streaming MSNBC on Google TV isn’t straightforward.
In other words, you can stream the content from the NBC app, a TV Everywhere app. Apart from MSNBC, you can also stream other channels like E!, Oxygen, SyFy, USA, etc., with the NBC app. It offers various classic shows, TV episodes, live TV streams with your participating streaming service provider.
How to Stream MSNBC on Google TV
The easiest option to watch MSNBC content on Google TV is with the installation of the NBC app.
1. Power on your Google TV and make sure to connect it to the internet.
2. Click on the Search option from the top menu bar.
3. On the search field, type NBC and select the same from the search results.
4. On the channel info screen, click on the Install button.
5. Once the app is installed, click Open.
6. Choose the Sign-in option.
7. An activation code will appear on the TV screen.
8. Now go to https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate from any web browser.
9. Enter the code as displayed on the TV screen in the provided text field and click Continue.
10. Then login with your subscription provider username and password.
How to Sideload MSNBC to Google TV with Downloader
You can sideload any app on your Chromecast with Google TV with the Android APK. For this, you shall rely on the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app from the Google Play Store on your Google TV.
2. Once the app is installed, click on the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Then choose the Settings > System > About option.
4. Click continuously on the Android TV OS Build several times until you see You are now a developer pop-up on the screen.
5. Then again, go to Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
6. Now enable the toggle near the Downloader app.
7. Open the Downloader app and click on the URL field.
Related: How to Get MTV on Chromecast with Google TV
8. Enter the URL of MSNBC APK as https://bit.ly/3C82fIZ.
9. Click Go and wait for the app to download.
10. Once the app is downloaded, click Install.
11. Now, launch the app and sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MSNBC on Google TV?
No, there is no official MSNBC app for Google TV available. But you can install the NBC app from the Google TV Play Store to stream the MSNBC content.
2. Can I listen to MSNBC for free?
Without TV, you can stream MSNBC on TuneIn, which is completely commercial-free streaming. With TuneIn premium, you can stream the MSNBC News 24/7.
3. Which streaming services is MSNBC on?
You can stream MSNBC on Google TV with the following streaming services like Hulu + Live TV, Fubo TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV, etc.