Some users are reporting that they are consistently getting the error code S7701-1003 on the Netflix website. The error occurs mainly on the Mozilla Firefox browser. But, there are several different reasons that cause this particular error code. The potential reason that trigger the Netflix Error Code S7701-1003 are using the browser in private browsing mode, a problem with your Widevine Content Decryption Module, or an outdated version of your browser. So, when you encounter this error, you can fix it all by yourself just by following our guide.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code S7701-1003
Re-launch Firefox Browser
You can try to close the Firefox browser and open it again, as it may help you to fix the error. Simply log out from the Netflix app and close your Firefox browser. Wait for a couple of minutes and open the Firefox browser. Try streaming any video content on the Netflix webpage. Still, you get the error, then try other methods.
Enable Firefox Browser Cookies
- Click the Three Lined icon to open the Menu.
- Select Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security.
- Under the History section, select Remember history.
- Now, close the tab and launch Netflix.
- Tap the Three Lined icon.
- Select Preference and then click on Privacy & Security.
- Locate History and click on Firefox Will.
- Then, select Remember History option.
- Close the tab and open Netflix to see if the error gets solved.
Update Firefox Browser
Updating the browser is an effective way to fix the error. If you’re a Mac user, make sure that you are using the Mac OSX 10.10 or higher before updating. The earlier version will not support it. For Windows, updating supports for Windows 10 and higher.
- Launch the Firefox browser and tap the Firefox name on the screen.
- Click on the About Firefox option.
- Then, select Update Now.
- Once updated, restart the device and open Netflix.
Enable DRM Content on Firefox
- You need to click the Menu icon and choose Preferences.
- Navigate to the Files and Application section.
- Find Play DRM Content and check the option. If it is already checked, uncheck and recheck it again.
- Navigate to Menu and select Options.
- Go to Content or General.
- Look for the DRM Content. If the box is unchecked, check the box to enable it.
Disable Private Browsing
If you’re streaming Netflix on Firefox using the private or incognito window, it will lead to Netflix Error Code S7701-1003. As Netflix requires cookies for smooth function, when the private or incognito mode is on, Firefox won’t store the cookies. So, disable the private browsing and try streaming Netflix in the normal tab.
Reinstall Firefox Browser
If the installation of the Firefox browser is corrupted, you may face the Netflix Error Code S7701-1003 while streaming the video content. So, it is better to delete the Firefox browser from the device and reinstall it again.
Update Firefox Content Protection Feature
- Select the Menu icon that appears on the upper corner of the screen.
- Click on Add-ons and select the Plugins tab.
- Tap on Widevine Content Decryption Module Provided by Inc and select Find Update.
- Once done, try using Netflix again.
Related: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7363-1260-00000026.
Try Different Browser or Contact Netflix Help Center
If none of the above steps works, you can try using the other web browser or directly contact the Netflix help center. They will give the necessary solution.
In the Firefox browser, it will be in the Plug-ins tab. In the Chrome browser, you can find the module in the chrome://components window.
Yes, Netflix won’t work on custom versions of Firefox. Get the official version from the Mozilla website.