- Netflix is not available for Nintendo Switch.
- Jailbreak Switch: Turn ON Switch → Settings icon → Change DNS Settings to Manual → Tap Primary DNS → Enter 045.055.142.122 → OK → Select Connect to this Network → Tap Next → Tap Continue to Google or select Enter URL → Visit Netflix website → Sign in → Play a video.
Netflix is the most popular streaming service with a large fan base. This service includes video content from different languages around the world. It provides movies, TV shows, Netflix Originals, anime, and more. Netflix is a premium service that offers three monthly subscription plans, namely Basic ($9.99), Standard ($15.49), and Premium ($19.99). You can access Netflix via the Netflix website and app. The Netflix app is currently unavailable in the Nintendo eShop. Hence, you cannot install the app on Nintendo Switch.
But you can jailbreak the Nintendo Switch to stream Netflix content. Remember that jailbreaking your device leads to several complications, such as shortening the switch’s battery life, voiding the warranty, data breaches, etc.
How to Watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch
To Stream Netflix on your Switch, follow the step-by-step guidelines given below.
. Initially, Turn On your Nintendo Switch. If you are using the Switch for the first time, follow the instructions on the screen to set up the Nintendo Switch.
. Select the Settings icon on the home screen.
. On the left-hand side panel, Select the Internet option.
. Tap on the Internet Settings.
. Choose the Wi-Fi name to which you are connected and press the A button on your controller.
. Now tap Change Settings.
. Select DNS Settings and change the option from Automatic to Manual.
. Find Primary DNS and press A on your controller. Then enter 045.055.142.122 and tap the Save button.
. Click OK to save the settings.
. On the pop-up menu window, select Connect to this Network.
. Select the option Next if Registration is required to use this network prompted.
.On the SwitchBru DNS window, tap Continue to Google or select Enter URL on the left side panel.
- Continue to Google: If you have selected this option, search for Netflix in Google.
- Enter URL: Enter www.netflix.com in the search box and hit Continue.
. Now, sign in to your account using Netflix login credentials.
. Once signed in, play your favorite movie or TV show on the Netflix website and watch it on your Nintendo Switch.
Try these Alternatives!
If you are not interested in jailbreaking your Switch, you can try these Netflix alternatives to watch movies and TV series on Switch.
- Hulu on Nintendo Switch.
- Crunchyroll on Nintendo Switch.
- YouTube on Nintendo Switch.
- Funimation on Nintendo Switch.
- Pokemon TV on Nintendo Switch.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Netflix is not available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
You can get Netflix on Nintendo Switch by jailbreaking your device.
Install the Kodi app on Nintendo Switch to stream Netflix for free.