- Via Google TV Play Store: Select Apps tab > Google Play Store > Search icon > Type as NOW TV > select the app > Install > Open > Activate and watch.
- Sideload Via Downloader: Install Downloader > Enable Developer Mode & Unknown Sources > open Downloader > enter NOW TV apk URL > GO > Install > Open.
- Cast from Phone: Download and launch NOW TV app > Login > choose a title > Cast icon > select Google TV.
- Cast from PC: Launch Chrome browser > visit NOW TV website> Login > choose content > Right-click > Cast > Google TV > Cast tab under Sources.
NOW TV is an OTT TV from Sky Network. It is geo-restricted and is accessible from the UK, Ireland, Germany, and Italy. It is accessible from over 60 devices like Firestick, Apple TV, Android, iOS, Chromecast, Roku, etc. With the Android TV support, you can now install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV inside the UK. However, you may not find the NOW TV on Google TV in other regions. So, the users should rely on the workarounds to watch the entire library on their TV.
NOW TV Subscription Plans
NOW TV has different subscription plans without any contract. So, you can opt for any plan that suits your streaming needs. The users can cancel the free trial anytime and enjoy the membership benefits until the trial period ends.
- Entertainment Pass: £9.99 / month. It comes with a one-week free subscription for all first-time users. The plan is for 16 Live TV channels and 300 box sets.
- Sky Cinema Pass: £11.99 / month allows 11 Sky Cinema channels and 1000 movies on demand. Additionally, it has a 7-day free trial as well.
- Sky Sports Pass: £33.99 / month and £5.99 for one single day. This plan streams 11 Sky Sports channels. Additionally, the mobile-only sports plan costs £5.99 per month. However, this plan gives access to 5 Sports channels from Sky.
- NOW Kids Pass: This kid’s plan with a 7-day free trial costs £3.99 per month. It provides access to 6 channels and thousands of on-demand kids’ content.
- Hayu Pass: £4.99 per month with a free 7-day trial. Additionally, it streams 250 box sets of top reality TV shows.
How to Install NOW TV on Google TV [Inside UK]
1. Firstly, set up your Google TV after turning it on and connect it to a strong WIFI.
2. When the home screen loads up, use the remote controller to select the Apps tab.
3. Now, go ahead to choose Google Play Store.
4. Click on the Magnifier icon to type as NOW TV. Select it from the suggestions.
5. Highlight the NOW TV app tile to access its info screen.
6. Hit the Install button to download the app on your TV.
7. Select Open to launch the NOW TV app.
How to Activate NOW TV
Once done with the installation, you should proceed with activating the app.
1. When the NOW TV opens up, note the 6-digit activation code.
2. Launch your phone or PC browser and visit the NOW TV activation website (https://www.nowtv.com/ie/tv).
3. Go ahead to enter the activation code on the field provided and click on the Continue button.
4. If prompted, provide the NOW TV login details.
5. With this, NOW TV will get activated, and you can start streaming it on your TV.
How to Sideload NOW TV on Google TV Via Downloader
As NOW TV isn’t yet compatible with Chromecast with Google TV, you need to sideload the same using the Downloader app.
- Install Downloader
- Enable Developer Mode
- Install NOW TV Via Downloader
Install Downloader on Google TV
1. Set up your Chromecast with Google TV, and from the home screen on your TV, select Google Play Store.
2. Click on the search bar and search for Downloader by AFTV News.
3. Next, select Downloader by AFTV News from the search results.
4. Click on Install and wait for the installation process to complete.
Enable Developer Mode & Unknown Sources
1. Navigate to the TV home and highlight the Profile icon.
2. Choose Settings and then select About.
3. Select the Android TV OS Build seven times to turn on the Developer mode.
4. Get back to the Home screen and choose Apps under Settings.
5. Now, highlight the Unknown Sources option.
6. Then, select Downloader and select On.
Sideloading NOW TV Via Downloader
With the above-mentioned steps, we have installed Downloader on your Google TV. Now, all we need is to sideload NOW TV.
1. Firstly, open the Downloader app on your TV and click Allow on the pop-up.
2. Then, enter the NOW TV apk download URL and click on the Go option to download the app.
3. On the next page, select the Download APK option for downloading the NOW TV APK on your system.
4. After downloading the app, install it on your TV.
5. Select the Open option to launch NOW TV. Finally, sign in with your credentials and enjoy streaming on TV.
How to Cast NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
If sideloading on Google TV seems to take time, you can cast NOW TV to Google TV. The below section covers the procedure to cast from a phone and PC.
Using Now TV App
As the NOW TV app has an in-built cast option, screencasting doesn’t take much time.
1. Connect your smartphone and Chromecast with Google TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the NOW TV app on your phone and Sign in.
4. Now, press the Cast icon at the top of the screen.
5. Finally, choose your TV from the available ones and start casting the NOW TV app.
You can cast NOW TV with the Chrome browser from your Windows or Mac PC.
1. Connect your PC and TV to the internet connection from the same network.
2. Launch the Chrome web browser and click on the address bar.
3. Type as NOW TV and press Enter. Then, choose the official website from the search result (https://www.nowtv.com/).
4. Navigate to click on the Profile icon and enter your login details.
5. Browse or search for any NOW TV shows from the website.
6. Now, you should right-click anywhere on the screen and select the Cast option on the pop-up.
7. Further, select your TV and choose the Cast tab under the Sources tab.
8. With this, the desired show will start playing on your TV.
NOW TV Highlights
It is an all-in-one app to stream the world’s best entertainment titles. You can access the never-miss hit movies, live sports, TV shows, dramas, kids’ shows, etc. In addition, it also features critically acclaimed shows, award-winning movies, and never-to-miss sports. NOW TV supports registering on six devices and streaming on three screens simultaneously. Apart from streaming, you can download titles for offline access. Select membership lets users stream titles with captions.
With any of the above-mentioned methods, you can access and enjoy the contents from NOW TV on your TV. However, these contents are available only in the UK, Ireland, Germany, and Italy. At the same time, others will have to use the best VPN on Google TV to access these contents.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It isn’t officially made available for Google TV.
Yes, you can access NOW TV on Chromecast with the help of Android and iOS devices.
Yes. However, the free trial time period depends on the premium subscription plans you choose.