NBC Universal’s Peacock TV is a new premium standalone streaming service. With Peacock TV, you can stream movies, TV shows, and plenty of web series. You can download Peacock TV on various streaming platforms like smart TVs, streaming devices, smartphones, and web portals. Insignia Smart TV runs on Fire TV OS. It is similar to a Fire TV Stick and you can install the various apps from Amazon App Store. Unfortunately, Peacock TV is not available for FireOS but you can still install the app by sideloading it to your Insignia Smart TV.
Peacock TV provides 13000 hours of content for free. While the premium version gives you 20000 hours of content at $4.99/month. You can get an ad-free service at $9.99/month.
Peacock TV on Insignia Smart TV
As mentioned earlier, this application is not available for Fire TV editions. But you can sideload it using the downloader app. Before proceeding to the sideloading method, you have to make your TV ready to install the app.
- Turn on installation of apps from unknown sources
- Install the Downloader app
- Sideload the Peacock TV app
Step 1: Turn on Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
1. On the home page of your Insignia Smart TV, go to Settings.
2. Under Settings, navigate to the My Device option.
3. You will find the Developers Option under the My Device option. Choose the Developers Option.
4. Move to the Apps from Unknown Sources option and click on it.
5. Select the Turn On option to turn on installation of apps from unknown sources.
Step 2: Install Downloader App
After enabling the above option, you have to download an app that allows you to install third-party apps. Downloader app on Fire TV will help you to sideload apps easily.
1. On the home screen of your Smart TV, go to the Search tab.
2. Search for the Downloader app and select the one from the suggestions.
3. The search result page will open. Click on the Downloader app.
4. The app info page will open. Click on the Get or Download button to install the app.
5. Once the app gets downloaded, open it and allow permissions asked.
Step 3: Sideload Peacock TV app on Insignia Smart TV
1. Open the Downloader app.
2. Enter the Peacock TV APK URL (https://bit.ly/3rGgr5W) and click on the Go button.
3. The APK file will start downloading. Once downloaded, the installation page will open.
4. Click Install on the Installation screen. The app will start installing.
5. Open the app and sign in with your details.
Peacock TV is now available on your Insignia Smart TV. Stream your favorites and watch them with your friends and family on your TV.
Q1: How do I get peacock TV on my smart TV?
Depending on the OS, you can easily install Peacock TV on your Smart TV. If you are using Android TV, you can install it from Play Store and if you are using Roku TV, then you can install it from Channel Store.
Q2: How do I install the Peacock app on my TV?
If your TV is powered by Fire TV, then you can install the app by using the above method.
Are you facing any issues? Comment your queries in the below section.