- On LG TV: Open the LG Content Store >> search for Peacock TV app >> select Install >> Log in and start streaming.
NBCUniversal’s Peacock TV is a widely known streaming service that gives access to loads of content. While it is a multi-platform app, LG Smart TV has lately gained the Peacock TV app’s official support. Like other devices, Peacock on LG TV lets you access hundreds of movies, iconic TV shows, and exclusive Peacock channels. Besides this, the Peacock TV app covers live news and sports from popular channels. Peacock TV has parental controls, and thus, the user can restrict kids and teens from accessing titles that aren’t relevant. With the Peacock app on LG TV, you can access upto six user profiles, and you can get a personalized streaming experience.
How Much Does the Peacock App Cost on LG TV
Peacock app is available for free as Peacock Free. Users can get Peacock Premium for 7-day free trial. After which, it costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year with ads, or you shall pay $9.99/month without ads.
Those with Xfinity X1, Coc Contour, and Xfinity Flex get a $5 discount on both plans. LG TV users can get a subscription from its official website (peacocktv.com/lg).
How to Get Peacock TV on LG Smart TV
Those using LG Smart with webOS can install the Peacock app with the help of the following steps.
(1) On your LG TV remote, press the Home or Smart button.
(2) Select the More Apps Button to choose LG Content Store app.
(3) When LG Content Store opens up, search for the Peacock app using the search icon.
(4) Highlight and select the Install button to download it on LG Smart TV.
(5) After the installation, you shall log in to the Peacock app with the necessary credentials to stream its contents.
How to Sign Up for Peacock TV
(1) Launch the Peacock TV app and click the Signup button.
(2) Input your login details to use your account.
(4) Provide the personal details and tap on the Start Watching button.
(5) Open the email inbox and verify the account.
(6) Now, sign in to your account and start streaming.
Alternative Way: How to Watch Peacock TV on LG TV via AirPlay
If you have a Peacock app installed on your iOS device from the App Store, you shall use a screen to mirror it to LG TV. Those who want to know how to get Peacock TV on older LG Smart TV models can follow the steps below.
(1) Connect your iOS device and LG Smart TV to the same home WiFi.
(2) Launch the Peacock app from the Apps section on your iPhone or iPad.
(3) Click on any video to start playing on your iOS device.
(4) Go to the top right corner and press the AirPlay icon.
(5) Select the LG Smart TV name with SmartCast support.
(6) When the connection gets established, video playing on the Peacock app will be cast to LG TV.
How to Chromecast Peacock TV to LG Smart TV
Since the Peacock TV app has a built-in cast option, you can cast its content to the LG TV, which supports screen casting.
(1) Connect your LG TV to the WIFI network and use the same internet connection as your TV smartphone.
(2) On Android or iOS, download the Peacock TV app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, respectively.
(3) Launch the Peacock TV app on your handheld and enter Peacock login credentials to access your account.
(4) Search or browse any shows and click on the Cast icon.
(5) Now, choose your LG TV from the list of available devices.
(6) Wait for the connection to establish. With this, the content will be screen cast, and you shall stream it on your LG TV.
That was all about how to stream Peacock TV on LG Smart TV. With this service, you can download the titles for offline access. If Peacock TV brings in any issues, you shall update LG TV or delete and reinstall the app to check if the issue gets resolved. Just like LG, you shall even get Peacock TV on Samsung Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The app is available on the latest model of LG TV with WebOS.
The cable provider set-top boxes include Cox, Contour box with Voice Remote, Contour Stream Player, Xfinity, etc.
Yes. The Peacock app is available for those non-Xfinity customers. Thus, they can add Peacock TV to LG Smart TV.
No. The contents available in the Peacock app are a part of the subscription. The Peacock app doesn’t permit any purchases.
If you can’t find Peacock app TV on your LG TV, you don’t have webOS 3.0+ or later.
Peacock streaming app may not be showing up on your LG TV or LG Content Store if you don’t own a compatible TV OS.