My friend purchased a 55″ JVC Roku TV to upgrade his old LCD TV. Instead of subscribing to a TV provider, he wanted the free live TV app. As Pluto TV has free live TV and on-demand content, I recommended him install Pluto TV on JVC Smart TV. He installed the Pluto TV app on JVC Roku TV by visiting the Roku Channel Store. After that, he logged in with his free Pluto TV account and streamed the content.
Besides Roku OS, JVC Smart TVs are available in Fire OS and Android TV OS. In such cases, visit the Amazon Appstore and Play Store to get the Pluto TV app.
In this article, I will show you how to install and activate Pluto TV on JVC Smart TV.
How to Install Pluto TV on JVC Roku TV
(1) Turn on the JVC Roku TV and connect it to WiFi.
(2) Press the Home button and click Streaming Channels on the home screen.
(3) Now, choose the Search channels and type Pluto TV in the search field.
(5) Select the Pluto TV application from the search results.
(6) Click the Add Channel button on the app info screen.
(7) Once added, click OK from the prompt.
(8) Click Go to Channel to launch the app.
How to Download Pluto TV on JVC Android TV
(1) Turn on the JVC Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
(2) Scroll to the Apps section on the home screen.
(3) Click the Play Store app from the installed applications.
(4) Now, tap the Search icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
(5) Type Pluto TV in the search field and search for the app.
(6) Select the Pluto TV app from the displayed results.
(7) Hit the Install button to start the installation.
How to Get Pluto TV on JVC Fire TV
(1) Go to the home screen on JVC Fire TV and click the Find icon.
(2) Tap the Search field, enter Pluto TV, and search for the app.
(3) Select Pluto TV from the suggestions.
(4) Click Get or Download to begin the installation process.
Note: You can use the same procedure to install Pluto TV on Firestick.
How to Activate Pluto TV on JVC Smart TV
(1) Run the Pluto TV app on your TV and click the Activate button in the app.
(2) A 6-digit code will appear on your TV screen, note it down.
(3) Visit (pluto.tv/activate) from a web browser.
(4) Input the email address, tap Next, and log in to your account.
(5) Then, type the activation code and tap Submit.
Once activated, you can access the Pluto TV app on your JVC TV.
Note: You can activate Pluto TV on Sony Smart TV using the same steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. If your JVC Smart TV has Chromecast built-in, you can cast Pluto TV using an Android.
Yes. JVC 4K Fire TV with Freeview Play and JVC Roku TV are AirPlay-compatible. So, you can wirelessly stream Pluto TV on these TV models.