Popcorn Time is a streaming service with various movies, TV shows, and series. It features all the new and old released content. It searches the web for high-quality torrents from popular websites. You can stream all the titles in HD quality with a stable internet connection. The application is available on various devices like Android, iOS, Mac, etc. Since it is a third-party app, not everyone knows how to watch Popcorn Time on Google TV. The workaround to watch Popcorn Time is that you shall either sideload the app on your Chromecast with Google TV or cast the contents from your smartphone or computer.
With this app, you will get access to an extensive collection of titles as the database gets updated frequently. Further, the interface of PopcornTime is user-friendly, and you can easily navigate. There is no limitation to using PopcornTime from anywhere, anytime.
Highlights of PopcornTime
Besides the above features, you will also get access to the following.
- Since it is a BitTorrent client, it features an in-built media player. So, you need not rely on MX Player or VLC on Google TV.
- With the Search option, you can instantly search for movies or TV shows.
- It syncs subtitles, and you can stream content in 40 different languages.
- PopcornTime is completely free and works as the best alternative to subscription-based streaming services.
- In addition to streaming, it supports adding your own sites manually.
- It supports peer-to-peer video sharing, and thus, users can effortlessly share media with other users of PopcornTime.
Is Popcorn Time Illegal
Popcorn Time streams all your favorite movies and TV shows from recent to old releases. Since it crawls the web to bring you the content, you might get access to copyright-protected titles. So whatever you stream on Popcorn Time is without the permission of the owners, which in other words is called Piracy, which is an illegal activity. So make sure to use reliable streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu to stream movies.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Google TV
There are two different ways to stream the Popcorn Time content on your Google TV.
- Sideload the application
- Cast the contents
Sideload Popcorn Time on Google TV using Downloader
(1) Turn on your Chromecast with Google TV and connect it to the internet.
(2) Then click on the Search option on the top menu bar of the home screen.
(3) Type Downloader on the search field with the help of the supplied remote.
(4) Select the Downloader application from the search results.
(5) Click on the Install button on the app information screen.
(6) The Downloader app will be downloaded and installed on your Google TV.
(7) Enable Developer Mode with the following steps.
- Click on the Profile icon from the home screen, then choose Settings.
- Select the About menu option.
- Click on the Android OS Built option continuously until you see the “You are now a developer” message on the screen.
(8) Now, you have to Enable Unknown Sources for the Downloader app.
- Go to the Google TV Settings.
- Then choose Apps followed by Security and Restrictions on the next screen.
- Now, choose Unknown Sources.
- Then turn on the toggle near the Downloader app.
(9) Launch the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(10) Click on the Home tab on the left pane and highlight the URL field.
(11) Type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3tGdPXC.
(12) Click on the Go button.
(13) Wait for the app to download and then click the Install option on the following screen.
(14) Once the app is installed, launch the app and start streaming your favorite content.
How to Cast Popcorn Time to Google TV from Android Smartphone
Since Popcorn Time is available as an apk file, you shall cast it from your Android phone to Google TV.
Android phones or tablets, by default, will never permit users to install an apk file directly. Hence the user should make a few settings changes to get the Popcorn Time apk.
- Go to Android Settings > select Menu > choose Special Access > select Install Unknown Apps > select Chrome > Turn On.
(1) Install the Popcorn Time app on your Android smartphone from any trusted third-party source using the Chrome browser.
(2) Now, launch the app and select any of your favorite content to stream.
(3) Make sure to connect your smartphone and Chromecast with Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(4) Search and Start Playing any content you want to stream.
(5) Tap on the Cast icon on the screen, then select your Google TV from the list of available devices.
(6) The Content will now stream on your TV after a successful connection.
How to Stream Popcorn Time on Google TV with a VPN
As Popcorn Time isn’t officially available, you may end up streaming illegal content. Hence it is recommended to use a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN on Google TV to keep your identity private and unblock the geo-restrictions.
- Visit the official website of ExpressVPN to get a subscription.
(1) Launch the Popcorn Time app on your Google TV from the home screen or apps section.
(2) Now, launch the ExpressVPN on Google TV and log in to your account.
(3) Select the server that is close to your location or to the one that works faster.
(4) Go ahead to search for a torrent and start streaming it on your TV.
That was all about how to install and stream Popcorn Time on Chromecast with Google TV. It is a free service, and you will find unlimited entertainment content. If you prefer streaming legal titles, then you shall install Sling TV on Google TV, a premium streaming service to watch over 200 channels.
Yes. You can sideload it as an apk or cast it from your Android phone.
You can sideload the app using a third-party source like Downloader, or you can cast the contents from a smartphone app.
The site offers illegal content, which encourages piracy. The ISP, the government, will be monitoring your activities on the internet. So streaming illegal content will lead you into trouble. Using a VPN will hide your identity on the internet, and you will stay anonymous, which will help you stream any contents you want without any legal issues and geo-restrictions.