If you have no idea no what does PlayStation Error Code CE-30005-8 mean and how to fix it, need not worry as we have come up with a bunch of fixes here. The error occurs when you open the app or play any games on your PS consoles. It occurs due to a hardware malfunction. i.e., PlayStation Error Code CE-30005-8 signifies the error that your PS4 console is unable to read the Hard Disk Drive or Blu-ray/DVD drive. The error usually happens when the disk inserted in the disc drive is unclean, scratched, or damaged. At times, the cause may be the corrupted PS4 software. So when you witness this error, use any of the following fixes to diagnose and resolve the error code CE-30005-8.
How to Fix PS4 Error Code CE-30005-8
Try the below fixes in no particular order to check if that helps you out with the PS4 cannot start CE-30005-8 error code.
#1: Restart PS4 Console
The Error code CE-30005-8 occurs when there is any glitch or problem on the PS4. So, restarting the console helps you to resolve the error.
- You need to first power off the PS4 and unplug the power cable.
- Re-plug the console’s power cable after 2 minutes.
- Now, take the disk out from the PS4 and clean it using a soft cloth without putting too much pressure.
- Once done, power on the console and insert the disk back into the device.
- Now, see if the Error code CE-30005-8 gets fixed. If not, move to the next solution.
#2: Delete and Re-install the Problematic Game
In some cases, the games may be installed partially and will cause the error as all the files will not be available for operation. Therefore, removing those games and re-installing them again will resolve the error.
- On your PS4 home screen, launch the Library section and select the Games tab.
- From the list, select the problematic game and press the Options key.
- You will get a few options. Click on Delete and then select Confirm to delete the game.
- After deleting the game, reboot the PS4 and reinstall the game.
#3: Update PS4 System Software
When you are using the outdated PS4 system software, then there is a chance to get the error code CE-30005-8. So, you need to update it to the latest software.
Note: Before getting into the steps, make sure to uninstall the problematic games and ensure no disc is present in the disc drive.
- Go to Settings and select System Software Update.
- Check whether any update is available. If available, select the Next button and then click on Update.
- Wait for the software to get updated with the new version.
- Once done, check the error code CE-30005-8 is fixed.
Related: PlayStation Error Code 8002A537: How to Fix
#4: Rebuild PS4 Database
If the database is corrupt, the PS4 will show the error code CE-30005-8. Rebuilding the database will help to solve the problem. Before proceeding, make sure to back up the data and remove the disc from the drive.
- Initially, you need to boot the PS4 to the safe mode and then connect the Controller to the PS4.
- Select Rebuilt Database option and click on Ok to confirm rebuilding the database.
- When rebuilding the database is done, press the PS button on the controller and select your PS4 account.
- Return back to the home screen, select Settings, and click on Storage.
- Next, open System Storage and click on Saved Data.
- Choose the Problematic game and press the Options.
- From the panel, select Delete.
- Now, reinstall the game and see if the error persists.
#5: Reset PS4 Console
If your PS4 is corrupted, you will see the error code CE-30005-8. Therefore, resetting the PS4 console will solve the PS4 problem.
- Go to the Settings option on PS4 and select Initialization.
- Next, click on Initialize PS4 and select the Full option.
- The reset process will begin. Wait for the process to complete.
- Once resetting is done, see if the error is solved.
#6: Reinstall PS4 System Software
When the above methods do not work and you cannot start the PS4, you can reinstall the console system software to fix cannot start the application CE 30005 8 error code.
- The first thing is to connect the USB to your PC or Desktop.
- Then, format the file system as FAT32.
- Now, you need to create a new folder in the USB in the name of PS4.
- Open the PS4 folder and create one more folder and name it as UPDATE.
- Launch any web browser on your PC and visit the official PS4 system software download page.
- Scroll down and click on the PS4 console reinstallation file and rename the file as PS4UPDATE.PUP
- Copy the PS4UPDATE.PUP (rename file) to the Update folder.
- Plug the USB device into the PS4 console and boot the console to the safe mode.
- Select initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option.
- Select Update from USB Storage devices and click on the OK button.
- Once reinstalled, set it up and check whether the error gets cleared.
Related: How to Setup a VPN on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS5)
Some General Fixes That Might Work Fix CE-30005-8
- If you have modified the PS4 software, revert it back to check if the problem is sorted.
- Make sure to clean your game disc using a microfiber or clean cloth and insert it.
- Ensure you aren’t using the disk with cracks or scratches.
- Replace the discs that have minor changes even if the PS console reads it.
When the Hard Disk Drive or Blu-ray player disc gets corrupted or damaged, then you get the error code CE-30005-8.
You can try refreshing the devices, updating the PS4 system software, restarting the system, and updating the games.
Go to System Storage Management > select Saved Data > Media Player. Here, you will see the corrupt data file.
Yes. It is one of the general fixes you shall try when you cannot start the application on PS4.