Roblox attracts millions of players every day who want to participate in gaming. While error codes are common on all online platforms, Roblox isn’t an exception. In unfortunate cases, one might get Roblox Error Code 901 “Trouble communicating with Roblox servers. Please try again.” The error in specific occurs in the Xbox One and Xbox Series X |S. The error signifies the update issue or server maintenance, or your account is banned. To resolve this error code, here are some solutions you can try.
How to Resolve Roblox Error Code 901
Follow the below troubleshooting fixes when you encounter the Roblox Authentication Error code 901.
Check your Internet Connection
The first and foremost thing is checking your network connection and speed. When you fix the internet connectivity issue, it will resolve the Roblox error. To check the internet speed on your device,
- Open the Xbox guide by pressing the Xbox button.
- Select the Profile & System option.
- Following that, click on Settings >> General >> Network Settings.
- Select Test Network Connection.
Update the Games
When you fail to update the game with the latest version, you will see the Roblox account Error Code 901. So, check for the update, and if available, update it. To do so,
- On your Xbox home screen, navigate to the My Games & Apps section.
- Click on the Manage tab.
- Then, select the Updates option.
- If Roblox update is available, choose Roblox to update.
Sign Out and Sign In Again
The next simple and effective solution is to sign out from the Roblox app and re-sign into the account. Simply, go to Settings >> Roblox Account >> Unlink the account. After signing out, sign in again to your account.
Restart Xbox Console
Restarting the Xbox console will work for many users in fixing the error. To restart your console, follow the below guidelines.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller to get the power center.
- Select the Restart Console option.
- Finally, click on Restart and wait for the device to reboot and restart.
Reset Xbox Console
- On your Console, press the Xbox button to view the guide.
- Navigate to Settings >> System >> Console Info & Update.
- Tap on Reset console.
- Double-check your sign-in email and password and click on the Delete option.
- Now, the console will get reset successfully.
Try Different Network Connection
You may also try to use different network connections. If you’re using the wired ethernet connection to connect the gaming console, then switch to a mobile data connection or vice versa. Also, you need to disconnect any other device connected to the WiFi connection to boost your internet speed.
Check Roblox Server
Sometimes, when the Roblox server is down or under maintenance work, then you will see the Roblox Error Code 901. So, check the Roblox server and if it is down, you need to wait until it gets fixed from the Roblox site.
Uninstall and Reinstall Roblox
The other best solution that you can try is, deleting the Roblox completely from the Xbox console and re-installing it again. To do so,
- On your Xbox controller, press and hold the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Click on the My Games & Apps section.
- Scroll down to the list and select Roblox.
- Press the Start button and select Manage Game.
- Click on Uninstall all option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After uninstalling, install the game from the Microsoft store and see if the error still appears.
After trying all the solutions and none of them fixes the error code, the only option left is to contact Roblox support by visiting roblox.com/support. The Roblox assistance will help or guide you in resolving the error code.
Common Roblox Errors
The other error codes that the Roblox users come across are listed below.
- How to Fix Roblox Error Code 110 [Possible Ways]
- Roblox Error Code 529: How to Troubleshoot
- How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103
- How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279
Roblox Error code 901 happens when the application is outdated. It means the application requires an update.
Check your internet connection, use the supported browser, Appropriate Ports, Disable Any Ad-Blocker Browser Add-Ons or Reinstall Roblox.
Reset and restart your Xbox console, update the games application, and uninstall and reinstall the games.