- Via Downloader: On Fire TV, Enable Unknown Sources > Open Dowloader > Enter Sky Go Apk URL > click GO > Select Install > Click Open > Sign In.
- Via ES File Explorer: Turn on Unknown Sources > Launch ES File Explorer > Select Downloader > Click + New > Enter Sky GO apk URL as path > Sky Go as name > Click Download Now > Select Open File > Click Install > Select Open to login.
- By Screen Mirroring: Connect Fire TV & Android to same WIFI > Enable Screen Mirroring on Firestick > Launch Sky Go app on Android > Open Notification Panel > Click Screen Cast > Choose Fire TV.
- Using Aptoide TV: Open Downloader > Enter Aptoide TV Apk > Click Go > Select Install and Open > Click the Search Bar > Search for Sky Go > Click Install > Launch & Login.
- Fire TV users can install Sky Go as a Kodi addon using the SlyGuy repository.
Sky Go is one of the popular online streaming platforms equipped with movies, series, TV shows, and live TV from the Sky Network. In the Sky Go app, you get access to more than 70 live channels from all the categories like News, Sports, Kids, Documentaries, and more. It is a subscription-based streaming service that supports downloading the videos as recordings and watching the same offline. Over time, you will get movie recommendations from the Sky TV app on Firestick.
It is a multiplatform app accessible from Android, iOS, Apple TV, etc. Many of you question whether you can get Sky Go on Firestick, and the answer is Yes. However, the procedure isn’t going to be straightforward. Until the official launch of the Sky Go Firestick app, you need to rely on sideloading, screen mirroring, or casting procedures.
How to Install Sky Go on Amazon Fire Stick
The Sky Go app is an online streaming service not officially available for Amazon Fire Stick devices. So if you want to know how to get Sky Go on Firestick, then you need to sideload the app on Firestick using third-party installers like the Downloader.
Enable Unknown Sources
You must turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature whenever you use third-party installers. Follow the below steps to turn it on.
(1) Click the Settings icon on the home screen.
(2) Choose My Fire TV tile with the help of the Fire remote.
(3) Select the Developer Options on the next screen.
(4) Click on the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
(5) Choose Downloader or ES File Explorer and Turn On.
Install Sky Go on Firestick Via Downloader
(1) Go back to the Home screen and click the Apps option. If you don’t have the Downloader app, use our guide to install the Downloader for Firestick.
(2) Open the Downloader app and go to the Search bar.
(3) Type the Sky Go apk download link https://bit.ly/3jbTLGf and click the Go button.
(4) Click the Download and Install button on the subsequent screens to install the latest Sky Go apk on Firestick.
(5) After the Sky Go apk for Firestick is installed, click the Open button to launch the Sky Go app.
(6) Sign up or log in with your Sky TV account credentials and start watching your favorite titles.
Note: Go to the Firestick Apps section to find the Sky Go app and access it at any point later.
How to Install Sky Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
If you have any issues with the above method, you can use this method to install Sky Go on Fire TV Stick. This method involves installing the ES File Explorer on Firestick. If you have installed it already, you can skip step 6 to know how to download Sky Go on Firestick.
(1) Get back to the Home screen and select the Search icon.
(2) Using the on-screen keyboard, type ES File Explorer.
(3) Select the ES File Explorer app from the Apps & Games category.
(4) Click the Download icon or the Get icon to download and install the app.
(5) The installation will be completed in a few minutes.
(6) After the installation is complete, click the Open icon to launch the app.
Note: Make sure to enable Unknown Sources for ES File Explorer on Firestick Settings and proceed with adding the Sky Go apk.
(7) Now, click the Downloader icon or use the Tools > Downloader command.
(8) From there, click the + New icon.
(9) The Download pop-up will appear. In the Path field, enter the Sky Go’s download link https://bit.ly/3jbTLGf. Enter as Sky Go on the Name field, and click the Download Now button.
(10) The Skygo apk file will be downloaded.
(11) When the download is completed, click the Open File button.
(12) On the next screen, click the Install button.
(13) Click the Install button again to install the Sky Go app.
(14) The Sky Go app will be installed. Now, tap the Open button to launch the app, and you can enjoy watching Sky Go on Firestick.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Firestick
If you don’t want to install the Sky Go app using third-party installers, or if the workaround didn’t work for you, you can use the screen mirror feature on Firestick to mirror contents from an Android/iOS smartphone.
(1) Go to the Firestick Settings and choose Display & Sounds option.
(2) Go to the Enable Display Mirroring option and tap on it.
(3) Choose the Mirroring option.
(4) Now, you will get a screen similar to the one mentioned below. Take your smartphone and connect to the same WiFi network as your Firestick.
(5) On your smartphone, click the Cast icon. The icon will be available on the Control Centre.
(6) Your Firestick device will be displayed. Tap on it. Now, you will see your smartphone screen mirrored on your Firestick.
(7) Now, open the Sky Go app on your smartphone to stream any video content. It will appear on your Firestick.
- If you don’t have the app, you shall download the Sky Go app from the Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
How to Sideload Sky Go on Amazon Firestick using Aptoide TV
Like Downloader, you can sideload apps using the Aptoide TV on Firestick, and the steps involved to get Sky Go on Firestick are as follows.
(1) Launch the Downloader app from the apps section of the Firestick.
(2) Click on the URL field on the Downloader home.
(3) Type in the Aptoide TV apk URL link and press the Go button.
(4) Allow the Downloader to connect to the Aptoide TV server.
(5) Once connected, the download and installation process will begin.
(6) On the installation window, select Install.
(7) When the installation gets over, select Open to launch Aptoide TV.
(8) Now, use the Search bar of the Aptoide TV to find Sky Go.
(9) Select the app and click on the Install button to download it.
(10) Launch the Sky Go app for Firestick 4k and log in using your Sky TV credentials when the installation is over.
How to Install Sky Go on Firestick Via Kodi
It is possible to add the Sky Go app on Firestick as a Kodi addon. Since Sky Go isn’t available officially on the Kodi repository, you should enable the Unknown Sources to install it from the third-party repository.
Enable Unknown Sources
(1) Launch Kodi on Firestick and select the Settings or Gear icon on the home screen.
(2) Navigate to select the System tile.
(3) Click on Basic to select Add-ons.
(4) Select the slider next to Unknown Sources to enable it.
(5) Click Yes on the warning prompt.
Install Sky Go Add-On on Kodi
(1) Start from the Kodi home and select Settings.
(2) Choose the File Manager tile and select Add Source.
(3) On the Add file source dialog box, select <None>.
(4) Now, enter the URL of SlyGuy Repository and type the name as Sky. Press Ok.
(5) Select the Add-ons tile to choose Install from Zip File.
(6) Choose the source name you provided. i.e., Sky.
(7) Select the SlyGuy repository zip file to install.
(8) When you get the SlyGuy Repository add-on installed notification, select Install from repository.
(9) Select SlyGuy Repository on the following screen.
(10) Choose Video Add-ons and select Sky Go addon.
(11) On the following screen, click on the Install button.
(12) Click OK to install additional add-ons.
(13) Wait until you get the Sky Go add-on installed notification.
(14) Navigate to the Kodi home to select Add-ons and Video Add-ons.
(15) Select Sky Go to launch it. Click Login to sign into your account.
Is Sky Go Free?
Yes. Sky Go is free if you are already a Sky TV customer. It brings live TV, catch-up TV, and on-demand shows. However, the content varies based on the Sky subscription package. It is available for users in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. It can be accessed from two devices which can be extended to four with Sky Go Extra.
Those non-Sky TV customers should get a subscription plan to stream its content.
- Original Plan: £20/mo or $25.01/mo
- Variety Bundle: £32/mo or $40.03/mo
- Box Set: £38/mo or $47.53/mo
What’s on Sky Go?
With Sky Go on Firestick in the UK, users can stream hundreds of live TV that include Channel 4, ITV, Comedy Central, 5USA, Lifetime, Cartoon Network, History, E!, Sky Atlantic, and Sky One. Besides this, you can watch more than 800 movies with Sky Cinema with a subscription. It also offers the Sky Sports channel with a subscription, and thus, users can access exclusive and live sports coverage from Sky Sports F1, Eurosport, Sky Sports 5, etc.
Sky Go Vs Sky Go Extra
If you want to stream something extra from that of the Sky Go titles, you shall get Sky Go Extra. Also, it supports streaming on up to four devices simultaneously. Sky Go Extra supports downloading titles for offline access.
While Sky Go is limited to accessing from the phone, tablet, PC, or Apple TV, Sky Go Extra allows all these devices along with Xbox and PlayStation. Thus, you can stream Sky Go from your gaming consoles with the Sky Go Extra. It can be availed for free with the Sky Multiscreen subscription. Thus, the user need not get a Sky Q Mini to experience the multiroom capability. However, anyone can purchase it by paying £5 extra.
Can I Stream Sky Go on Firestick Outside the UK?
As you know, you can access the Sky Go app on Firestick in the UK only. If you want to use the app outside of the UK, you must use VPNs with powerful geo-location access. VPNs like NordVPN, CyberGhost VPN, and ExpressVPN on Firestick can bypass the geo-restriction on Sky Go and proceed with installing Sky Go from anywhere. The advantage of using a VPN is that it will protect your IP address and location. So, no one will know what you are browsing.
How to Set Sky Go Parental Controls
Sky Go is one of the streaming services to feature built-in parental controls. With this, the user can restrict kids and teens from watching age-restricted content. The SkyGo app supports enabling parental controls on Firestick for live TV, on-demand titles, catch-up programs, and downloads. Besides this, Sky Go comes with a default pin for certain content that the user cannot disable.
To setup parental control on Sky Go,
(1) Go to the Sky Go account page.
(2) Provide the Sky ID to sign into your account.
(3) Go to the Settings section and select Parental Control Settings.
(4) Now, choose the minimum age ratings and enter the Sky Device PIN.
How to Fix Sky Go Not Working on Firestick in 2022
Sideloading Sky Go on Firestick may bring in some issues at times. It is indeed vital to fix them up to continue watching Sky Go TV. Some of the common fixes are as follows.
- If the Sky Go app crashes, you may need to update the app. Check if your device runs on the updated version. If not, update Firestick.
- Make sure to install the Sky Go apk from a trusted website, and failing to will result in SkyGo not working on Fire TV.
- When you use the Sky Go Fire TV app for a long time, the cache or app data will bring in issues. In that case, you shall clear the Firestick cache.
- When Sky Go won’t open on Firestick, you shall uninstall and reinstall the Sky Go app on Firestick.
- It is a better option to contact Sky Go customer support and seek help.
- As a final resort, you shall factory reset your Firestick after backing up.
Sky Go Compatible Devices
You can access Sky Go on the following devices.
- Sky Go on Roku
- Sky Go on LG Smart TV
- Sky Go on Apple TV
- Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
- Chromecast Sky Go to TV
That’s how to get the Sky Go app on your Firestick. You can watch all your favorite movies and TV shows with ease. The app has access to all the popular titles like Game of Thrones, Perry Mason, and more. While using Sky Go on Firestick, if there was a problem starting the app, you shall check for the internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store, but you can install the app on Firestick using Downloader.
With the Sky subscription, you can stream the Sky Go app on Firestick for free.
Yes. You can put Sky Go on Firestick with the help of Apps2Fire.
There is no official word about the availability of Sky Go on Fire TV Stick. However, we may expect the app sooner or later in the Amazon App Store.