- Sling TV App: launch the Sling TV app → Log in → Play a video →Tap the Cast icon → Click your Chromecast.
- Sling TV Website: Navigate to Sling TV Website → Log in → Play a video → Hit the three-dots icon → Cast → Select your Chromecast → Cast tab.
Sling TV is the best streaming service to watch all your favorite live TV channels at affordable prices. Apart from Live TV channels, you can also stream movies, TV shows, sports, news, and more. This service offers three subscription plans, namely, Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Blue+Orange. You can also cancel or pause the subscription anytime. The Sling TV app is available on the app store of Smart TVs. So, you can download the app and can stream your favorite videos on a big screen. If your Smart TV doesn’t have cast support, connect a Chromecast device to your TV and cast the Sling TV from your smartphone or PC.
💵 Subscription Plans 💵
|Plans||Sling Orange||Sling Blue||Sling Blue + Orange|
|Price||$35 per month||$35 per month||$50 per month|
Things to Do Before Casting
- Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV and set up the Chromecast device.
- Download the Sling TV app on your Android or iOS device and sign in to your Sling TV account.
- Ensure that your casting device (Android or iOS) and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you’re using Windows or Mac, you must install the Chrome browser.
How to Chromecast Sling TV from Android or iOS
#1. Launch the Sling TV app on your smartphone.
#2. Play any video on the Sling TV and tap the Cast icon at the top.
#3. Select your Chromecast device to cast the video on your TV.
#4. Enjoy streaming the Sling TV video on your Chromecast-connected TV.
#5. To stop streaming, click the Cast icon again and select Stop Casting.
How to Chromecast Sling TV from Google Chrome Browser on a PC
#1. Launch Google Chrome on your PC.
#2. Visit the official website of Sling TV and log in to your account.
#3. Click the three-dotted menu icon on the top right of the browser and select the Cast menu.
#4. Select and stream a movie or TV show that you want to cast.
#5. The browser will search for nearby wireless devices connected to the same network. If no devices are found, check whether both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
#6. Select your Chromecast, and tap the option Cast tab.
#7. Now, the media will play on the TV automatically.
Sling TV Not Working on Chromecast – Best Fixes!
Facing issues which casting Sling TV, try these general fixes
- Ensure that your Android/iOS and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Sling TV app is only available to US people. If you reside outside the US, use a VPN on your casting device.
- Restart your Chromecast device and try casting again.
- Check the frequency of your router. Some Chromecast can’t detect the 5 GHz network.
- Update your Chromecast to the latest version.
- The last option to try is to reset your Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can install Sling TV on Google TV from the Play Store.
Sling TV does not offer any free trial. But you can watch Sling TV content for free by creating an account in Sling Free.
The subscription cost of Sling Blue is $35 per month.