My cousin was searching for a live TV streaming service to replace his cable TV. I recommended Sling TV since it provides both live and on-demand content. My cousin accepted my suggestion and installed the Sling TV app on his LG TV through the LG Content Store. After that, he visited (sling.com) and subscribed to the Sling TV plan. Then, I guided him in activating the Sling TV app on his LG Smart TV.
In this article, I will teach how to access Sling TV on an LG Smart TV. Furthermore, I explained the procedures to stream Sling TV using a web browser, casting, and AirPlay method.
How to Get Sling TV on LG Smart TV
The Sling TV app is compatible with LG Smart TVs running webOS 3.0 and above. Those with older LG TV models skip the installation and follow the web browser method.
1. Turn on the LG Smart TV and connect it to a wireless Internet connection.
2. Go to the home page and tap Apps (or) LG Content Store from the launcher.
3. Hit the Search icon, type Sling TV, and locate the application.
4. Choose Sling TV from the suggestions and hit Install to begin the installation process.
5. Once installed, click Launch to run the Sling TV app.
How to Activate Sling TV on LG Smart TV
1. Run the Sling TV app on an LG Smart TV.
2. Now, make a note of the activation code that you see on TV.
3. Go to (sling.com/activate), enter the code, and tap Continue.
4. Then, verify your Sling TV account by entering the username and password.
5. Once verified, you can access the Sling TV app on your Smart TV.
How to Stream Sling TV on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Go to the home screen by clicking the Home key on the LG TV remote.
2. Click Web Browser to open the app and go to (sling.com).
3. Tap Sign In. Log in to your Sling TV account with your registered credentials.
4. Once logged in, play a live TV channel you want to watch.
How to Cast Sling TV to LG Smart TV Using Android
Most of the LG Smart TVs after 2016 come with a Chromecast built-in. If your LG TV lacks cast support, connect a Chromecast to your LG Smart TV’s HDMI port. Then, set up a Chromecast with your LG TV and follow these steps.
1. Connect your LG TV and smartphone to the same WiFi.
2. Install the Sling TV app on your smartphone by visiting the Play Store
3. Run the Sling TV app after the installation and log in to your account.
4. Once logged in, tap the Cast icon at the top.
5. Choose your LG Smart TV from the available devices.
6. The Sling TV app screen will appear on your LG TV.
7. Play any content on the Sling TV mobile app and watch it on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Sling TV to LG Smart TV Using iPhone
As a prerequisite, you must turn on AirPlay on your LG TV and follow these steps.
1. Connect your LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your iPhone.
2. Get the Sling TV application on an iPhone by visiting the App Store.
3. Run the Sling TV app and sign in with your account.
4. Play content on the Sling TV app and hit the AirPlay icon.
5. Click LG Smart TV from the nearby devices list.
Watch live TV channels wirelessly on your LG Smart TV using AirPlay.
Sling TV Subscription
Sling TV has three affordable packages, which are listed as follows.
|Plans||Pricing||Channels||Cloud DVR||Multiple Streams|
|Sling Orange||$40/month||31||50 hours||1|
|Sling Blue||$40/month||41||50 hours||3|
|Sling Orange + Blue||$55/month||47||50 hours||4|
Frequently Asked Questions
LG TVs with webOS 3.0 and above will only support Sling TV. If you cannot find the app, it means that the TV is incompatible.
Open the LG Content Store and go to the Apps section. Select Sling TV and tap Update to update the app on LG TV.
Yes. Go to the Sling Freestream tab in the Sling TV app. It will let you watch 270 live TV channels and 40,000 on-demand titles for absolutely free.