Google’s Android TV OS powers Sony Smart TVs, and thus, you can install apps and games on your Sony Smart TV with the Google Play Store. With that note, one could install the Sling TV on Sony Smart TV to thereby stream 200+ live TV channels, movies, on-demand shows, and more. Sling TV has succeeded in providing entertainment at half the cost of the cable provider. Thus it is the best premium streaming service in the US and includes a lot of free channels like CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, etc. Moreover, with Sling TV on Sony Smart TV, the users can catch up with the latest news, kid’s shows, sports, and more.
Sling TV Subscription
There are three different subscription plans available with Sling TV, and the users can select the one that seems to be a convenient option.
- Sling Orange: It costs $17.50 for the first month and $35 thereafter with 32 channels that include Disney and ESPN networks.
- Sling Blue: The service costs $17.50 for the first month and $35 after that. It has 42 channels with FOX network apps like Bravo, Fox Sports, etc.
- Sling Orange + Blue Bundle: It costs $50/month, while the new users will get it for $25 for the first month.
- Extras: Sling TV offers extras or addons that costs $6/month. Some of them include SHOWTIME, Starz, Cinemax, etc.
How to Install Sling TV on Sony Smart TV
Quick Guide: On your Sony TV, launch the Play Store >> click Search icon >> type as Sling TV >> choose Sling TV >> click Install.
(1) Open the Google Play Store on your Sony Smart TV.
(2) If you are opening the Play Store for the first time, it will ask you to accept the terms and conditions. Click the Accept button.
(3) Now, you will get the Play Store home screen. Go to the Search icon on the top left of the screen.
(4) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Sling TV and search.
(5) Select the Sling TV app from the list of apps displayed.
(6) Click the Install button to install the app.
(7) Open the Sling TV app and sign in with your subscribed Sling TV account.
Note: The Sling TV on Sony Bravia TV is available only in the USA. If you try to install the app outside the USA, the app won’t be listed on the Play Store.
How to Activate Sling TV on Sony Smart TV
(1) From a web browser, visit the Sling TV activation website (sling.com/activate).
(2) Launch the Sling TV app on your Sony TV to find the activation code.
(3) On the provided field, enter the Sling TV code and click on the Continue button.
(4) Now, provide your Sling TV login details to continue.
(5) When the service is activated, you shall start streaming Sling TV on Sony TV.
How to Watch Sling TV on Sony Smart TV Via Casting
Since the Sling TV app has an in-built cast option, you can cast it to Sony TV with the below steps.
(1) Connect your Sony TV and your smartphones to the same WIFI.
(2) Download and install the Sling TV app on Android (Google Play Store) and iPhone/iPad (Apple App Store).
(3) With the installation, launch, and log in to the Sling TV account with necessary credentials.
(4) Select any title to start streaming and click on the Cast icon.
(5) Now, choose Sony TV from the available devices.
(6) If the connection establishes, you shall find the Sling on Sony TV.
How to AirPlay Sling TV to Sony Smart TV
As Sony TVs support the AirPlay 2 function, you shall screen mirror the Sling TV app from your iPhone or iPad.
(1) Initially, keep your Sony TV and iOS device connected to the same WIFI.
(2) Go to Sony TV Settings and select AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
(3) Now, select AirPlay and click On to enable it.
(4) Launch and log in to the Sling TV app on your iPhone or iPad from the apps section.
(5) Search or select a Sling TV title to play on your handheld.
(6) From the available devices, select your Sony TV to establish a connection.
(7) With this, you will find your iPhone screen on your TV.
Why is Sling Not Working on Sony TV?
Sling TV may misbehave at times, and it may be due to a glitch in the network, server outage, or other similar issues. It can be resolved with the below fixes.
- To stream Sling TV without buffering issues, you should connect your Sony TV to stable WIFI.
- Find if there is any server outage and let it get resolved from the developer end.
- Make sure you have entered valid Sling TV login details.
- Update the app on Sony TV.
- Close and relaunch the Sling TV app.
- Check if your Sling subscription is active.
- You shall uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Update your Sony TV firmware with the latest version.
With the Play Store, install the Sling TV app on your Sony Smart TV. On Sling TV, you will get more than 50 channels from categories like News, Sports, Fashion, Family, Education, and more. If you want more sports content, buy the Sling Orange. If you want more family and movie content, buy the Sling Blue pack. When Sling TV won’t load, you shall connect your device to the stable internet. Meanwhile, you shall stay tuned to the best of live TV and on-demand with Sling TV on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It is compatible with the Sony Smart TVs and other Andriod TV models. The app is released for Andriod TV models in mid-2015.
Yes. You can stream Sling TV on three different devices at the same time.