Smithsonian Channel is a place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries, and amazing entertainment. With the Smithsonian app, you can explore worlds of history, mystery, science, pop culture, and more. You can also stream educational programs from the Smithsonian channel. And Chromecast with Google TV streaming device is becoming quite popular among the cord-cutters. Google TV lets you stream a lot of channels from the Play Store. But Smithsonian Channel is not available on Google TV Play Store, so you have to sideload the app.
Smithsonian Channel is offered through live TV providers. You can select full episodes and clips of your favorite program from curated playlists, bonus materials, and original shorts. You can purchase the individual seasons and episodes of your favorite Smithsonian Channel shows on iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, and Google Play.
How to Watch Smithsonian Channel on Google TV
1. Install the Downloader app on your Google TV.
2. Now, go to Settings from your Profile menu.
3. On the Settings menu, click on System and click on About.
4. Now, scroll down and tap Android TV OS build seven times.
5. Next, you will get the developer pop-up.
6. Now, go back to Settings and select Apps.
7. Select Security & Restrictions and open the Unknown Sources.
8. Then, find the Downloader app and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
Sideload Smithsonian Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Google TV.
2. Next, click on the Home button to get the search bar.
3. On the search bar, enter the Smithsonian Channel download link (https://bit.ly/3hHGKXm) and click on the Go button.
4. Now, the Smithsonian Channel APK file will be downloaded.
5. Then, click on Install to install the Smithsonian channel on your Google TV.
6. Once installed, click on Open to launch the Smithsonian Channel app.
7. Now, sign in with your live TV provider and stream the shows on your Google TV.
How to Cast Smithsonian Channel on Google TV
1. First, connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, install the Smithsonian Channel app from Play Store.
3. Once the Smithsonian Channel app is installed, launch it on your smartphone.
4. Now, sign in with your TV provider subscription and click on the Cast icon.
5. Next, select your Google TV from the list of devices shown.
6. You can play and stream the contents from Smithsonian Channel to your Google TV.
Related: How to Watch Smithsonian Channel on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the streaming services offer by Smithsonian Channel?
2. How much does Smithsonian Plus cost?
Smithsonian Plus costs $4.99 per month.