Spectrum TV is a commercial cable television network offering internet, telephone, and wireless services. You can stream live TV to enjoy the exciting shows and programming by installing the Spectrum TV app. However, like every streaming application, the Spectrum TV app is also not free from interrupting error codes, and Spectrum error code RLC-1002 is one among the errors. You might see the Spectrum error code RLC-1002 while tuning the Spectrum TV app. The error code is often seen in Roku devices, and the error message states, “Spectrum TV is only available in the U.S. and its territories. Reference Code: RLC-1002.” It is more similar to the Disney Plus Error Code 73. If you are in such a situation, check out the possible causes of Spectrum error code RLC-1002 and how to fix this error.
What is Spectrum Error RLC-1002
The Spectrum error code RLC-1002 usually occurs on Roku devices and prevents users from streaming content from the Spectrum TV app. The error code RLC-1002 mainly arises due to a slow internet connection. The error occurs when the device finds trouble connecting to the spectrum TV server. Fortunately, the error gets resolved on its own within a few minutes. If not, then try the below fixes one after the other to resolve the error.
Possible Causes of Spectrum Error Code RLC-1002
The possible causes of Spectrum error code RLC 1002 include,
- Poor or unstable internet connection
- Issues with streaming devices
- Problem with Spectrum TV app
How to Fix Spectrum Error Code RLC-1002
You can fix the Spectrum error code RLC- 1002 with the following fixes.
- Check your internet connection
- Reinstall Spectrum TV App
- Reset Your Network Connection
- Power Cycle All Your Devices
Check your Internet Connection
All streaming services depend on stable internet connectivity to have normal functionality. So, verify your internet speed whenever you encounter the error message while streaming.
- Using an Ethernet cable connection is more reliable than WIFI.
- Reboot your router/modem
- Place your streaming device nearer to the modem or router.
- Place your router and modem in high places.
Reinstall Spectrum TV App
To uninstall and reinstall the Spectrum app,
- On your Roku device, go to My Channel from the home screen.
- Using Roku remote control, select Spectrum TV channel from the list and push the asterisk button.
- Go to Options, select Delete Channel and then press the OK button from the remote control.
- After deleting the channel, visit the Roku Channel Store using the Roku remote control.
- Use your remote control to search for Spectrum TV, then click to download it from the search results.
- After successful installation, log in to your account using the same login credentials and accept the terms of service.
- After logging in, Restart the Spectrum TV on Roku.
- Now, check whether the Spectrum error resolves.
Reset Your Network Connection
In all OTT services, the network issue may be causing error messages. Sometimes, resetting the network may help you to fix the problem. To reset your network connection,
- Turn off the WiFi router or modem and the Roku device.
- Wait for 15 seconds, then plug in and turn on the devices and modem or router.
- Disconnect your Roku device from the network and reconnect again.
- Now, try streaming the Spectrum TV app again.
Power Recycle your Devices
Errors are common due to Device connections, as the devices store many caches that contain bugs and glitches. Power recycling can help you solve these types of issues.
- Disconnect the modem, router, and Roku device from the power source
- Upon disconnecting all the devices, press and hold the router’s power button for 30 seconds.
- Then, reconnect the modem, router, and your Roku device to the power source in the same order.
- Before connecting the next device, wait for the connected device to fully power on.
- Allow internet access to the router after connecting all the devices.
- Finally, run the app again to check whether the error gets resolved.
You can try these fixes and check whether the error gets resolved or not. If you still encounter the Spectrum error code RLC-1002 even after trying all these fixes, then contact the Spectrum support center for further assistance. The support team will help you to solve the errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can enjoy watching Spectrum TV on both Android and iOS mobile devices.
No. There are no services that currently offer Spectrum TV for free. You can subscribe to Spectrum TV Select, which is the cheapest plan that costs $49.99 per month. It offers 125+ other channels along with the Spectrum TV in its package.
The service allows you to watch live TV channels, premium channels, and on-demand titles. You can also have a facility to program your DVR and set parental controls in the Spectrum TV app.