The Weather Channel is one of the American cable TV channels that specializes in providing accurate weather reports, climate news, traffic updates, etc. If you are an Apple TV user, you can install the app directly from the App Store without any hassle. Since it is the world’s leading weather provider with live weather radar, weather maps, and forecasts, you can stay updated and plan your upcoming trips accordingly. Upon installing The Weather Channel app on Apple TV, you will get minute-by-minute info regarding the weather patterns.
It displays real-time rain notifications on your home screen. Since it is capable of bringing up to 15 days of the weather forecast prior, you can plan your upcoming travel trips. By following this article, you will learn how to install the The Weather Channel app on your Apple TV.
How to Add & Activate The Weather Channel on Apple TV
You will get a 7-day free trial when subscribing to The Weather Channel for the first time. After the trial, the user should switch to the subscription plan of $2.99/month. You can subscribe to the service by visiting its official website.
With the Apple TV 4K and HD, you shall get The Weather Channel app from the App Store.
Quick Guide: On the home screen, select App Store > highlight Magnifier > search for The Weather Channel > select The Weather Channel > click Install > select Open.
(1) Boot up your Apple TV. Ensure to connect Apple TV to a Wi-Fi network.
(2) Launch the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
(3) On the App Store, click on the Search option.
(4) In the search screen, type The Weather Channel and select the app from the search results.
(5) Click Get to download the app on your Apple TV and click Open to launch the app.
(6) You can find an activation code on the welcome screen.
(7) Visit The Weather Channel activation website (https://www.weathergroup.com/activate-device) from any web browser.
(8) Select your Streaming Service provider from the list.
(9) On the next screen, enter the activation code and click Activate.
(10) On successful activation, the app will start streaming the contents on your Apple TV.
How to Watch The Weather Channel on Apple TV in Older Version
Since you cannot install the apps on Apple TV 3rd generation or below version, you need to access the AirPlay feature to stream the content on your Apple TV.
1. Download the The Weather Channel app from the App Store.
2. Connect your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same home WIFI.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Select the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center and select your Apple TV from the available devices.
5. Now, the content on your smartphone will start to stream on your Apple TV.
How to Watch The Weather Channel on Apple TV Without Cable
If you have subscribed to any of the streaming services below, you can watch The Weather Channel on tvOS in no time.
Frndly TV is a streaming service provider that offers the Weather Channel, Hallmark Channel, Game Show Network, QVC, etc. You can get 3 months of cloud DVR with the Classic plan and over 9 months with the Premium plan.
|$6.99/month for 1 device
|$7.99/month for 2 devices
|$9.99/month for 4 devices
DirecTV Stream (AT&T TV)
AT&T TV offers 100s of live TV channels, including the Weather Channel, A&E, ABC, E!, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, Paramount, etc. Moreover, you can stream more than 65000 videos on Demand, like movies, TV series, etc., along with 250+ hours of cloud DVR storage with DIRECTV Stream on Apple TV.
fuboTV on Apple TV offers sports channels along with The Weather Channel as a part of its Elite or Family plan. It also offers channels like A&E, AMC, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, CNBC, MSNBC, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. You get to stream on 3 devices simultaneously.
You can watch The Weather Channel without cable using YouTube TV on Apple TV. It is the best premium service to watch anything between live sports, news, movies, TV shows, etc. YouTube TV offers an unlimited DVR, and you can record videos for later access for up to nine months. With one subscription, you can create six profiles for a personalized experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is a premium service and offers a 7-day free trial.
Yes, you can stream The Weather Channel on Hulu.