- Cast from Android: Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku > Open TikTok app > Login > Play a video > Notification panel > Cast > select Roku TV.
- AirPlay from iOS: Enable AirPlay on Roku > Launch TikTok app > Control Center > Screen Mirroring > select Roku TV > Play a TikTok video.
- Screen Mirror from PC: Open a browser > Visit TikTok website > Login > Right-click > press Windows+P > Duplicate > Choose Roku TV.
- Screen Mirror from Mac: Go to Control Center > Screen Mirroring > Choose Roku > Sign in > Play a Video.
TikTok has been a widespread social app that deals with short-form videos. Unfortunately, you cannot find TikTok on the Roku Channel Store as it hasn’t been officially released yet. Although it is a popular app available for mobile platforms, now you may wonder how you can get TikTok on Roku streaming devices and TV.
But there are alternative ways to stream the TikTok videos on your Roku-connected TV. i.e., by screen mirroring the TikTok app from your Android or iPhone/iPad to Roku and watching all the videos on your TV screen.
Highlights of TikTok
The user can create as well as watch original videos in different genres. There is something to watch every time you open TikTok. The viewers can like, comment, and share the videos. And with this, you will get a personalized video feed that shows fun and interesting videos. TikTok is used by budding artists and entertainers as a platform to showcase their talents through videos. TikTok brings customized videos and video feed based on what you like, watch, and share. It lets you add music or audio at no cost for your videos. Besides, there are tons of effects and filters to try on your video.
How to Screen Mirror TikTok on Roku
If you aren’t sure of how to cast TikTok to Roku, you can check out the below guide.
- From Android
- From iOS
- Using PC
How to Cast TikTok Video to Roku TV: Using Android
You should enable screen mirroring on your Roku TV and begin with casting TikTok from your Android phone or tablet.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku TV:
(1) Go to the Settings section on your Roku streaming device.
(2) Now, click on the Screen Mirroring option.
(3) Select the Enable screen mirroring mode.
(4) Then, choose either the Prompt or Always allow option.
On Android Phone:
(1) Install the TikTok app from the Play Store.
(2) Connect your Android smartphone and your Roku device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Go to the Notification Panel on the screen.
(4) Click on the Cast option.
(5) Select your Roku device.
(6) Now, start playing any videos on the TikTok app.
(7) It will be streamed on your Roku screen.
How to AirPlay TikTok on Roku: Using iOS
It is mandatory to enable the AirPlay settings on your Roku device to screen mirror TikTok from your iPhone/iPad.
On Roku TV:
(1) Click on the Settings option.
(2) Select the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
(3) Now, click on the AirPlay option and choose the Required Code.
(4) Then, choose First Time Only option.
(1) Then, install the TikTok app from the App Store.
(2) Now, connect your Roku device and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Then, drag down the Control Centre on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(5) Select the Roku device.
(6) Enter the passcode that appears on your TV screen.
(7) Now start streaming TikTok videos on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror TikTok on Roku TV using PC Windows
(1) Make sure to connect your PC to the same WiFi network as that of your Roku.
(2) Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
(3) Go to TikTok’s official website.
(4) Log in to your account and right-click on the screen.
(5) Press Windows + P to open the Project menu.
(6) Choose the Duplicate option.
(7) Now, your PC will look for a nearby mirroring device. Choose your Roku TV.
(8) Play any video, and that will appear on your Roku screen.
How to Screen Mirror TikTok Video on Roku using Mac
Like iPhone, you shall screen mirror TikTok videos from your Mac PC. After enabling the screen mirroring mode on your Roku, you shall proceed with the steps below.
(1) With your Mac and Roku TV connected to the same internet, click on the Control Center on the Menu bar of your Mac.
(2) Choose the Screen Mirroring icon.
(3) Then, select your Roku device to which you want to establish a connection.
(4) Now, launch the browser on your Mac and go to the TikTok website (https://www.tiktok.com/).
(5) Enter the necessary details to log in to your TikTok account.
(6) Once you get the TikTok home, you can start watching the videos on your TV.
These are the different ways in which you can watch TikTok on Roku TV. You may encounter video lagging issues at times while casting or mirroring the videos. To never get into it, you should connect your devices to stable internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can’t install the Tik Tok channel on your Roku streaming device. The only way is to screen mirror the TikTok app from your Android or iOS phone to stream the videos on your Roku TV.
Yes. You can Chromecast TikTok from your Android or iPhone by downloading the TikTok app from the respective app store.
No. There is no official app available for Roku TV.